Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Fun Few Days

So the last two days we've been pretty busy but we've had lots of fun!  Wednesday we started out the day with some grocery shopping and while we were out shopping I kept thinking how nice it was outside.  It was sunny and in the mid 60s and the past few days had been sooo dreary.  I decided it would be a perfect zoo day!  So we called up Kerri and Ivy and invited them and after the girls had taken a nap we were off to the zoo.  We spent TWO HOURS at the zoo but we had lots of fun and we got to hear the tiger roar...although I think Kerri and I were more impressed than the girls were.  The kangaroos and wallabies were hopping all over their exhibit and were up close to the path so the girls LOVED watching them.  (At Riverbanks you can actually go into the kangaroo and wallaby exhibit...it's very cool.)  So, we closed down the zoo and then Emmie and I headed home for dinner and bath and bed! 
Today, we had My Gym this morning which is always lots of fun and Emmie took a nice hour long nap afterwards.  After lunch, Kristi and Liv came over to play.  Liv is 6 weeks older than Emmie and she just started walking...it's sooo cute.  I told Emmie to take notes :)  Liv and Emmie were very cute together and Kristi and I have plans to get together in the next little bit to sew while the girls entertain each other!  It's always nice to talk to someone who's going through the same stages you are with your child.  Kristi's even better...she's a little bit ahead...I get to learn from her experiences!  After Kristi and Liv left Emmie took a 1 1/2 hour nap (yay!) which meant I also got a nap (double yay!).  Then I woke her up, gave her a bottle, and we took Franklin to get groomed.  While he was getting groomed we went to Books A Million so I could get Emmie some books for Christmas.  We timed our trip perfectly! Right when we left Amanda, Franklin's groomer, texted me and said he was almost ready. So we picked him up, came home and ate, played for a bit, and then bath and bed!
Sadly, I was very, very slack about taking pictures during all our fun.  I did get one cute picture tonight of a very cute, clean puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment