Sunday, October 2, 2016

12 months



I am 12 months old!

  • I weigh 21lb 5oz (48th percentile) and am 29 1/2 inches long (32nd percentile). At 12 months Emmie was 22lb 3oz and 30in, Ellie was 20lb 3oz and Ruthie was 17lb 13oz and 29.5in. 
12 months ago.

  • I wear 12mo clothes and size 3.5 shoes. My legs are my chunkiest feature so my socks always leave marks on my legs!
  • I started walking a lot on my 1st birthday! I now mostly walk, especially if there are other kids around my age walking. I don't want to be the "baby" of the group!
  • I go to bed at 8 and get up around 7am during the week and will sleep till about 8:30 on the weekends. I get up once or twice a night for a bottle. I take about a 2hr nap in the afternoons and will often take a catnap in the morning.
  • I love my pacifiers. I like to have one in each hand while I sleep. I will sometimes put it in my mouth when I first get in bed but usually take it out pretty quick and just hold it in my hand. I also take a pacifier in the car but I know that it doesn't come out of the car with me so when Mommy starts to unbuckle me I take the pacifier out of my mouth and leave it in my seat.
  • I get a bottle when I wake up at night, one at naptime, and one at bedtime. I drink whole milk with my meals. I am doing pretty well transitioning to the whole milk.
  • I have 6 teeth still. I have 4 on top and 2 on the bottom.
  • I am a great communicator. I use the "more" sign to indicate that I want to eat. I sign "all done" when I'm finished eating. I can also communicate pretty well anything else I need or want.
  • I say "mama", "dada", "hello" and "bye" and make lots of noises that mommy is pretty sure mean other words. I jabber a LOT. I wave hi and bye.
Mommy thinks I look WAY too grown up in this picture!

  • Eggs are my current favorite food. I eat 2 scrambled eggs every day at lunch! I also like Havarti cheese, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. I don't really like any vegetables but I do love fruit! Green beans make me throw up and my sisters are very good about making sure nobody gives me any green beans!
  • I am happy and content most of the time.
  • I'm a climber!
  • I love to play outside and now that it's cooling off a little we are able to get outside more.
  • I have finally started having less separation anxiety. I usually do pretty well in the church nursery and I love going to the Y childcare (sometimes I even get sad when I have to leave!). I am also better about letting other people hold me when Mommy's around.
Proof that I will go to others when Mommy is around! I went right to Audrey at Uncle Ben and Aunt Ruth's party! (Granted Audrey IS Mary Poppins!)

  • I LOVE my daddy and get SO excited when I hear him come home. I know when I hear that garage door go up it means daddy's home!
  • This month I learned how to drink out of a straw.
  • I have a LOT of hair. I have had quite a few haircuts. My hair grows really fast and is very thick. It makes Mommy sad that I don't have soft baby hair anymore...it's all big boy hair!
  • I am a sweaty, sweaty boy! I sweat SO MUCH.
  • This month I decided that I love baths. For the last few months I have screamed bloody murder during my bath and then one day I decided they were lots of fun! I love to splash!
  •  I like to throw my toys especially when we're down stairs because they make a loud noise on the floor! I am ALL boy!
  • I love to play with balls. Poor Franklin, I'm often taking his out of his toy basket. Fortunately, he's pretty good natured about sharing toys with me.
  • I love to brush my teeth.
  • I learned how to crawl in and out of the doggy door. Such a useful skill especially when it's raining outside and there are puddles to play in!
  • The bathroom is by far my favorite room in the house. It has a trash can (lots of fun to pull things out of), toilet paper (so fun to unroll!), and a toilet (for splashing!). Mommy and Daddy are working really hard at getting my sisters to remember to close the bathroom door when they're done.
  • I love playing with my sisters. Ruthie and I are working on figuring out how to play together. I always want to play with what she's playing with and she doesn't always appreciate me taking her toys.
  • I get very excited when we pick up Emmie and Ellie from school. I always wave at the teachers while my sisters are getting in the car.
  • I had my one year old pictures with Kennerly Jordan this month. She and Mommy stuffed me in a pumpkin. I was pretty sure they'd lost their minds. Mommy is so looking forward to seeing the pictures!
  • I am very inventive and I'm always watching my sisters and trying to imitate them. I am also very clued in to what "big people" do.  For instance the other day I needed to poop so I made my own little potty. Mommy is real glad I haven't figured out how to take my diaper off yet!







No comments:

Post a Comment