Thursday, January 29, 2015

13 months


I am 13 months (and 2 days)!

  • At 12.5 months I weighed 17lb 13oz (5th percentile) and was 29.5 inches (60th percentile). At 1yr Emmie was 22lb 3oz and 30in and Ellie was 20lb 3oz.
This is a 5th percentile belly...after a big bowl of fruit!
  • I am taking steps by myself now but since I am such a fast crawler I mainly crawl.
  • I wear 9-12mo and 12-18mo clothes and a size 3.5 shoe.
  • I sleep about 13 hours at night and take a 2-3 hour nap after lunch.
  • I'm starting to follow commands really well and overall I'm a very good listener.
  • I'm starting to wear bows during the day. My hair is actually long enough to wear one without a headband!
  • I love to eat fruit. If it was up to me I would eat only fruit! The only fruit that I don't seem to care for are strawberries.I also enjoy some vegetables (Lima beans and peas are favorites right now) and fish. I have tried shrimp and seem to like the flavor but it seems to be a little too much work to chew up. I am hit or miss on other meats. 
  • I now have 7 teeth, 4 on top and 3 on the bottom and I have the beginnings of my top right molar poking through.
  • I am starting to "talk" more. I will say "hi (ellie, Emmie, or Franklin). I say bye bye, book, and baby, although at this point they all sound alike! I say mama and dada.
  • I still love to suck on my middle and ring fingers on my left hand.
  • I often will point my finger and someone and jabber...my family is pretty sure I'm lecturing them!
  • I can throw a pretty impressive temper tantrum. Fortunately these don't last too long.
  • This month I went to the mountains and played in the snow! (And I slept great every night so mommy is hopeful that I've become more flexible in regards to my sleeping arrangements!) We celebrated GG's birthday while we were in the mountains and, unlike at my own party, I thoroughly enjoyed the cupcake!

  • I no longer want to play downstairs with my baby toys. I want to be with my big sisters playing with their toys. This has been quite an adjustment for them as until now I was happy just to play in the same room they were in with whatever you they gave me. For the most part they are patient with me though!
  • This month I spent a lot of time touring elementary schools. After the first few I was not amused.
  • I don't usually like to sit and listen to books but I love to look at them by myself.
  • I love baby dolls.
  • I can and do climb on anything and everything!
I've learned to get up in the big girl chairs.

  • This month I have learned that I am the third child and therefore the fastest way to get what I want is to just do it myself. I've suddenly become quite independent!

No comments:

Post a Comment