Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!



The kiddos (aka Wonder Woman, Dorothy, Super Minnie...slight costume change today, and the Cowardly Lion) were so excited about trick or treating tonight! This was the first time in 9 years that we have been at our house for Halloween so I had no idea what to expect as far as how many trick or treaters we would have and how many houses in our neighborhood would be giving out candy. There weren't a ton of houses giving out candy, probably less than half BUT the ones that were giving out candy were giving out HANDFULS! My kids were over the moon excited every time they'd leave a house with 6 or 7 pieces of candy! Paul and I took everyone to a few houses and then Paul took JP back home to pass out candy and the girls and I went around the rest of the neighborhood. We went to one house where they had set aside a separate bowl of nut free candy...totally made my night and my girls were thrilled as well!
helping daddy

When we got back the girls dug into their candy. Even after I pulled out a gallon bag of peanut candy they still had a TON of candy. They ate some of their candy and were thrilled to get to pick out a few pieces to eat!

Funny story: this year the big girls were much more laid back about the whole peanut thing. If they were told to pick candy out of the bowl then they made sure to pick things without peanuts but they didn't say anything if people gave them candy with peanuts. Ruthie however was very concerned about peanuts. She didn't say anything to the people passing out the candy but she asked us often to take the peanut candy out of her bucket. We told her we would take it out at home but I guess that wasn't good enough. At some point she started pulling peanut m&ms out of her bucket and handing them to me. Then refused to let me put them back in her bucket until we got home. So some people who were in a car following a trick or treater got a few packs of m&ms (because I really didn't want to carry them all around the neighborhood)!

No comments:

Post a Comment