Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Visit with Santa

Monday we headed to the mall to visit Santa. Emmie talked a big game before we went about how she was going to sit on Santa's lap. Ellie didn't pretend that she was going to be brave. She flat out refused from the beginning to sit on Santa's lap but did say that she would stand next to him while Emmie sat on his lap. We got there and had to wait about 15 minutes and then right before it was our turn the little boy in line behind us pinched Ellie in the face. So pretty much any braveness she had went out the window. The Santa at the mall was really great (as were his helpers...I was super impressed...much different from the usual run you in, take the picture, and get you out as quick as they can) but neither girl was willing to get to0 close to him. Emmie was willing to talk to him. She told him that she wanted a Rapunzel doll and Ellie wanted a Tiana doll. Then the girls and I sat down while Santa stood behind us. It worked.
I do think the "anatomy of a Santa picture" is funny. When it was just Emmie I used to try everything to get her to smile and then I'd pick the closest picture I could get to a smile. When we threw Ellie in the mix I looked for the picture with no tears in it. Now that we're getting ready for baby #3 I picked the funniest picture (check out Ellie's lip).

 
(Also Ellie not only insists on picking out her own shoes but now also insists on picking out her own socks...hence the Valentine's Day socks with her Christmas outfit....I was just glad they were red.)

No comments:

Post a Comment