Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Oh Ellie Belly!

I'm pretty sure Ellie is trying to send me into labor. Tonight the girls were upstairs playing and Emmie came and got me and said that Ellie had locked herself behind the door. No biggie...all our interior doors have the little round keyhole and we have about 10 of the "keys" you use to unlock them. Oh...except for this door. Apparently it's the only interior door in our house with an actual key lock on the door so of course that's the one she decides to barricade herself behind. Also I'm pretty sure we've never had a key to open that door. 
After trying to convince her to unlock the door (apparently she hasn't quite grasped that concept yet) I figured I'd unscrew the door from the hinges except the screws were on Ellie's side of the door. So then I was able to knock the big screws out of the hinge (a helpful tip from Paul) but then one of the hinges was jammed so I couldn't get the door off that way. Thankfully our next door neighbor Leon was home and managed to bust her out in about 3 seconds with a table knife....perhaps I should have started the whole process with calling Leon!
I'm sure you're curious as to how Ellie fared through this whole ordeal. Oh she was just fine. She was busy playing with all the toys by herself (probably her motivation for locking the door to begin with). By the time Leon got there she was starting to get a little irritable and she was glad to get out for sure! (Emmie on the other hand was hysterical...I'm pretty sure she thought her sister was gone forever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment