Monday, December 9, 2013

37 weeks

I am now 37 weeks and 1 day! I had my 37 week appointment today and it was quick and uneventful unlike my 36 week appointment on Thursday!
I knew my appointment on Thursday was going to be long. I was seeing my regular doctor, whom I love, but she is ALWAYS running behind. So I dropped the girls off with Clara and headed to the doctor armed with Christmas cards to stuff and address. I got to the doctor and my blood pressure was 137/83 which isn't horrible but was quite a bit higher than it had been so I wasn't pleased with that. However, today when I went it was 125/80...I'll take that!
Anyway, back to Thursday's appointment. I spent the next 45 minutes waiting to see the doctor. When I finally got back to see her she had trouble getting a good heartbeat for the baby.  You could hear it but because of the angle the baby was laying at she couldn't get a good number. So she decided to do an ultrasound to get a better heart rate and to check the fluid level. So then I waited about 15 more minutes for an ultrasound. Baby looked GREAT on the ultrasound. Baby is head down, heart rate was 159, fluid levels looked perfect, and they estimated baby to be 6lb 5oz. As my friend Kristi said, that's a legit baby!
One of the reasons the doctor wanted to check the fluid level was because baby wasn't moving as much for me (probably because baby is now head down and so is no longer turning cartwheels!) and when the doctor was trying to get the heartbeat she tried to get the baby to move and it wasn't budging! This baby apparently has a sense of humor...as soon as the ultrasound tech started the ultrasound, baby was moving all over the place!
So I left the appointment an hour and a half after it started but I was armed with a few new pictures of baby (and all my Christmas cards stuffed)! (Today I was in the car 20 minutes after my appointment time, headed to pick up the girls...glad it was much shorter today!)


Baby was being a bit camera shy but finally moved it's hand to show us a little nose :)

A little foot...kicking me in the diaphragm...or maybe the stomach...I've been having a lot of reflux.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment