Monday, December 2, 2013

36 Weeks

I'm 36 weeks and 1 day...and feeling it! I have the pregnancy waddle down to an art and I can't lean over to pick things up anymore and I know that it has to be entertaining to watch me put on my socks and shoes. Also I'm to the point where even my maternity clothes don't really fit anymore. I keep having to go get bigger sizes (so if anyone has some large maternity shirts I can borrow for a few weeks my wallet would be very grateful!).
I actually still feel halfway decent. I have some back pain and wake up many nights with horrible reflux but I have a decent amount of energy still. 
At 34 1/2 weeks I developed a pinched nerve in my right shoulder/arm and was in horrible pain for almost a week. My whole back was a big knot and my whole body hurt and it was the deep bone pain hurt. It was pretty awful. I got in the car after barely making it through wal-mart one day and just cried I hurt so bad. Fortunately the pinched nerve got better and I'm back to just normal pregnancy aches and pains now.
I go to the doctor on Thursday but I think the baby might be head down now based on where I'm feeling kicks so that's good :)
This baby has been very active since about 15 weeks and the baby still moves a lot but baby is definitely starting to run out of room. This baby cut flips for many months and is definitely not flipping anymore. Baby still moves a lot but the movements are more contained to one location at a time!
As of my 34 week appointment I've gained almost 30 lb. I gained 35 with Emmie and 40 with Ellie so I'll probably be right around there again. 
I don't really have any consistent cravings...they change every few days or weeks. Right now I'm craving Frosty's, pineapple, applesauce, and chocolate pudding (which is probably the only craving I've had the whole pregnancy).
I think I've got all the basics ready for the baby. Things are washed, crib is set up (although Paul is going to switch out the cribs for me and we're going to keep the one Emmie used and sell Ellie's so if you know anyone who's looking send them my way!), baby has diapers, and the carseat is out of the attic and just needs to go in the car but by baby #3 we're pros at carseats so that can be done closer to my due date. I do still need to pack a hospital bag but I always wait until the last minute to do that!
I'm due December 29th and the general consensus is that I won't make it that long! This baby has strict instructions that it cannot come until after the 20th because that is Emmie's Christmas program at school. Ideally baby will wait until after Christmas but I'm not so sure that will happen! I was induced at 39 weeks with Emmie because of high blood pressure and had high blood pressure with Ellie at the end but so far my blood pressure is hanging out in my normal range and has even been at the lower end of my normal blood pressure! 
I think the little girls are very ready to meet their brother or sister...even Ellie seems to be ready for baby! Franklin on the other hand is not so sure he's ready for a new baby..it's a lot of responsibility for a little pup

No comments:

Post a Comment