Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dance


Emmie started taking dance at Bailey's Fine Arts this fall. She goes once a week for 45min and does ballet and tap. I picked BFA because the price was reasonable and it is close to our house but I've been so thrilled with everything Emmie has learned!
Emmie loves to come home and teach Ellie everything she learned in class however I haven't actually gotten to see her in class since the first week. The parents were allowed in the room for the first class and this week they had an open house and we got to go watch. Paul even came from work to see Emmie which just thrilled her! I was so impressed at how far all the little girls had come since that first week!
Emmie's face in the early videos is so funny...she was so overwhelmed by all the parents being in there! I was also so proud of how well behaved she was. She did her dancing and then would sit quietly and wait while everyone else had their turn.


Emmie doing her "heel, stomp". She wasn't even close to being able to do this a few months ago but she practices all the time at home.


Back shuffle. This is apparently something new they've been working on as I haven't seen Emmie practicing it at home. When Mrs. Cari said they were going to do their back shuffles all the little girls started talking about it being hard. I must say I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough to do it!


This is one of Emmie's favorite things that they do in class. She has taught Ellie how to do it too and they do it all the time!


Ballet exercises. You can see Ellie at the bottom of the screen doing them along with the class. She can't wait until next year when she can do dance too!


Princess walk. I think this a favorite of all the little girls!




At the end of class they all curtsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment