Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Yesterday we went to the children's service at church which was wonderful. I love how relaxed it is because it's full of children so it's ok if they're a little wiggly or talk a little louder than they should. Dr. Thomas did the message and as always he was entertaining while teaching the children important biblical truths.

We had pizza for dinner and then watched The Polar Express. We did this last year as well but it just didn't hold either one of their attention spans for very long but this year they LOVED it. We have read the book a lot recently so they were quite fascinated by the movie. They also had a candy cane to eat and some hot chocolate to drink during the movie which they loved! We used the teacups from Emmie's birthday for the hot chocolate so they felt extra special!
watching the movie...Emmie sat just like that for about the first 10 minutes of the movie!

The girls started out on the blanket on the floor but ended up on the couch with us. I LOVE this picture of them cuddled up together! I just love how much they love each other!

This morning Paul and I were BOTH awake before the girls. What kind of sense does that make? Then I had the monitor on so that I could hear the girls when they woke up and intercept them before they went in the den and I was sitting there listening to the monitor, waiting for them to wake up, and Emmie pops up beside my bed saying "Santa came! He brought me my Rapunzel doll!". I wish I could have gotten that excitement on video...she was so thrilled! Apparently she had very quietly gotten out of bed and gone into the den and checked out all the presents (she didn't touch anything though which I thought was really funny...just looked!). So Emmie and I went and woke Ellie up while Paul got out the video camera and then we all went and checked out the Santa presents and looked in our stockings. I think Franklin was the most excited about Christmas this year. He was like a big kid and it was hilarious!
Letter to Santa

Santa came!

Emmie's Santa gifts

Ellie's Santa gifts (By the way, the little jars are powder that you mix with water to make snow...supposedly it lasts for weeks...if our test sample does well I think we'll fill the sandbox up with snow!)

gifts for Emmie and Ellie

Emmie's much desired Rapunzel doll. I think she's being saying since about June that that was what she wanted from Santa...her only request! Last year she wanted an Arial doll and snow...Santa wasn't able to deliver on the snow...hence the snow this year! 

Ellie's  Tiana doll...in case you're not up on your Disney princess movies, Tiana is from the Princess and the Frog which is  a newer one set in New Orleans...it's one of my favorites!
Look at those flopping ears....he's so excited!


I love this picture because Ellie has her gifts all over the place and Emmie's are lined up in a row...such a  great picture of their personalities!
 

We ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast and my parents and Uncle Ben arrived about the time we finished. The girls hadn't seen Ben since summer and they were SOOOO excited to see him! We opened presents and once again Franklin was the most excited! When it was his turn he would come flying across the room, tail wagging, and stick his head in his gift bag. The girls loved all their presents and got lots of their favorite things!
Excited about his present!

Emmie got a hairstyling kit complete with play scissors. By the way, see how passively Ellie is sitting there letting Emmie do whatever she wants? That's how Ellie's curls got chopped off a few months ago...

Ellie decided to chop off Gran's curls! When she's really focused on something she opens her mouth and sometimes sticks out her tongue...so cute.

Treats!

One of our traditions is that the girls get each other a book for Christmas. Emmie picked The Rainbow Fish for Ellie and I love this picture of Emmie "reading" it to Ellie.

Paul's boomerang! Or is it half a picture frame?

Franklin was so glad to see Uncle Ben..he LOVES for Ben to hold him like a baby but won't let anyone else hold him that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment