Saturday, June 1, 2013

Secret Sewing Project Revealed!

So for those of you who have been curious as to what my Secret Sewing Project was, I can finally show you! Paul's brother is getting married at the end of June so for their wedding present I made Emily and Blake a quilt. It was my first quilt and I was THRILLED with how it turned out! My super talented quilter friend Kristy helped me a TON from picking fabric, to picking a pattern, to keeping me on track, answering tons of questions, and letting me use her new mac daddy machine to do the quilting. I wasn't sure about the fabric at first but Kristy sold me on it and I'm so glad that I decided on this fabric. When you're looking at swatches of fabric on a computer screen it's so hard to visualize how it's going to look on a quilt but I LOVE it!
So without further ado...here it is!


(for some reason blogger flipped it so the pic is at a funny angle but you get the idea :) )

close up of the front


back

close up of the back


binding...I had to hand stitch one side of it which I was nervous about (I'm not very good at any kind of hand stitching) and it definitely wasn't as good as Kristy's quilts but I was quite pleased with it!


I was really nervous about sewing a quilt from start to finish by myself and I wasn't sure I would enjoy all the precise cuts that had to be made but I LOVED it and I definitely spent a lot less time with the seam ripper than I do when I sew clothes for the girls..haha! I can't wait to start on my next project...quilts for the bunk beds the girls will be getting in a few months! I've found the fabric and picked a pattern I just have to order the 2 tons of fabric...lol. Stay tuned for updates!



1 comment:

  1. It turned out so great! lets start the next project :)

    ReplyDelete