Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mother's Day Gifts

So every now and then I get super crafty. It doesn't happen often but fortunately for the grandmothers in the family I got crafty in early April and the girls and I made super cute Mother's Day presents. My friend Kim at work had a picture of some flower pots that were decorated with butterflies made out of children's footprints and I fell in love with the idea. One day after strawberry picking, when the girls were already completely filthy, I took them outside to make our own version of the butterfly flowerpots. I knew Emmie would cooperate but I wasn't sure how Ellie would do...I was so pleasantly surprised...both girls were super cooperative and had so much fun creating their works of art (I let them pick out their own colors)!  We did butterflies out of their footprints and flowers out of their fingers and fingerprints. I later took them to pick out flowers to put in each pot which of course Emmie loved. Even more impressive is the fact that I managed to keep the flowers alive for a few weeks before we gave them as gifts...I have such a black thumb! I also made one for me and my flowers are still alive...score!
all the flowerpots

Ellie's butterfly

Ellie's flower


Emmie's butterfly

Emmie's flower

No comments:

Post a Comment