Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Visit to Gran and Grandaddy


The girls, Franklin and I took a last minute trip to Greenville on Mother's Day and stayed for a few days. It was our first trip to Greenville since January and we were all excited. I was also so happy to get to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year...I'm so thankful for her! We got there on Sunday and the girls had a ball playing with Gran and Grandaddy and then my Grandmother came over and the girls were very excited to get to spend time with her. Emmie talks about "her" Grandmother all the time but she gets very upset if I try to explain to her that Grandmother is MY grandmother too. It's even funnier because she's perfectly fine with Gran being my mom and GG being Paul's mom but Grandmother belongs to Emmie alone apparently!



Apparently painting involves very dramatic arm motions.
The girls LOVE to look at the pictures on Gran's ipad.
While we were in Greenville, we all helped out in the yard (my mom isn't allowed to play in the dirt which is driving her crazy!). Emmie helped Grandaddy plant some veggies and then she and Ellie helped water the plants. I pulled up pansies and planted new flowers and also pulled weeds. For my troubles I got a lovely case of poison ivy. This is why my yard has lots of weeds...lol!



Definitely not a good picture of me but I needed proof of my manual labor!

On Monday afternoon my mom and I took the girls to get ice cream at Dillards. Dillards is a local produce shed (they have the best peaches in the summer!) and they have an ice cream shop attatched where they serve huge servings of ice cream. Yummm!

The girls had lots of fun playing with Gran and Grandaddy. Ellie loved for my dad to pick her up and run around with her. Then of course Emmie wanted him to do the same thing to her. Grandaddy got a good work out between the two girls!


Ellie wanted to look over the fence too but she thought it might be wise to wear a helmet...apparently she has some trust issues.

Love the monogram bloomers and the feet that are black from dirt (and really the helmet just makes the outfit...haha)!

Tuesday at lunch we took the girls to Chick-fiil-a. Emmie, who can always find a friend, made friends with a little boy on the playground and they had a great time playing. The girls were also excited to get a special treat of Chick-fil-a ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment