Thursday, June 20, 2013

Greenville Trip

We went up to Greenville Friday night and came home Wednesday afternoon and in the days we were there we packed in a LOT of fun!
Sweet Emmie reading a book to Ellie.
Ellie was ALL about Gran this week. She wanted my mom to help her with everything (including putting her to bed and Ellie never wants anyone but me to put her to bed!). It was kind of a nice change for a few days to have Ellie yelling Gran every few seconds instead of Mommy!
The girls had LOTS of fun with Grandaddy. They even got him to read a princess book!

Emmie wanted her watermelon with the "peel" on and apparently this is how one eats watermelon!
 
 

Saturday the girls and I went to a Bridesmaid's Luncheon for Emily. (But before we went they decided to do some full body painting thus requiring a bath.)

We had a really good time and we all got really great gifts! Emmie got a silver brush, comb, and mirror set and Ellie got a little monogrammed jewelry box. I got a pretty monogrammed garnet bag with bath and body goodies in it! Emily's cousin Kim hosted and Emmie and Ellie had so much fun with her daughters and we all enjoyed getting to meet Emily's friends.




Saturday evening my parents and I took the girls to the pool. I had gotten Emmie a vest to wear and she was not so trusting that it would hold her up! She did great when she didn't realize I was holding on to her but panicked when she realized she was on her own. I also got her some goggles which she loved...they made her feel like a big kid (they didn't, however, entice her to put her face in the water).
Sunday we went to church and then we had a special treat...all the dad's for Father's Day lunch! Paul's parents came over and Paul wondered back from Blake's bachelor party to join us ;) We were so happy that we got to celebrate with everyone. Gin-g also brought a birthday cookie for me and it was delicious!




Monday the girls and I met up with our sweet friends Carissa, Will, and Griffin at Fall's Park in downtown Greenville. Our intention was for the kids to play in the fountains but it was pretty overcast and not super warm so Emmie was the only one who was interested in getting in the water. We ended up going over to a little Children's Garden across the street and letting the kids play and then having our picnic lunch. After lunch we headed back to the park so we could show Will the big bridge and the water fall and as we passed the fountains all the kids decided they wanted to play. We took them to the bridge and then back to the fountains where they played and played and played (the sun had finally come out)! We spent 4 hours at the park and the girls were so worn out when we got home...we all took great naps! I'm so glad we got to meet up with Carissa and her boys...it was lots of fun!
Sweet sisters!

Emmie and Will

Griffin

Love this picture of the big kids!

Carissa and Griffin

Ellie, Will and Emmie on the bears at the Children's Garden

My girls LOVED all the flowers!

AMAZING! I got  picture of all the kiddos and they're all looking in the same direction!




Tuesday we were supposed to meet up with a group from my mom's church to play at a park but it was raining so my mom and I took the girls to Chick-fil-a for lunch and my dad came and joined us. Tuesday evening we went to my dad's office for a BBQ. The girls found some teenagers who would play with them and had a BLAST dancing in the lobby! (This was after they ran all over the office looking for Grandaddy because they thought he was playing hide and seek with them.) I was really regretting not bringing my camera when they were dancing!
Wednesday morning my mom and I took the girls to the pool and it was like I had a whole different Emmie in the pool! She was loving her vest and was so much braver in the water. I even got her to let me quickly dunk her under the water a few times...she did a great job remembering to hold her breath! Once Ellie saw Emmie being brave she was willing to try putting her mouth in the water which is more than she's ever been willing to do before (she was really funny because she'd cover her mouth with both hands and then stick her mouth in the water). Funny Ellie story of the day. When we were leaving the pool (to go home and get lunch) there was a lady eating her lunch at the pool and Ellie walked right up to her and said "I'm hungry". As in "give me your food"! It was pretty hilarious. The child has no shame. We headed back to Columbia after lunch on Wednesday...back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment