Monday, October 1, 2012

Summerville Trip!

The Franklin and girls and I went to Summerville on Wednesday to spend some time with Paul's parents and go to the Summerville High game on Friday night and watch Papa coach. We had a busy week but sooo much fun! We were going to come back Friday night after we left the game and Paul was keeping the girls on Saturday and Sunday while I worked but he ended up having to work Saturday so I came back by myself and the girls and Franklin got to stay in Summerville. It was so strange at my house with no babies...I missed them terribly! (I may or may not have gone and sniffed their blankets when I got home Friday night...and maybe Saturday night too...I do love the way my babies smell.)

Wednesday we got to Summerville around lunch time and the girls ate lunch and then took "naps" as in in neither one of them really napped...Emmie was awake the whole time and Ellie slept probably 30min max. Wednesday afternoon we took the girls to a nearby park to play. There was an afterschool program there and there were 2 little girls who played with Emmie and Ellie a lot of the time and they were so sweet and of course Em and El loved the attention from the older girls! After the park we took them to get yogurt. Of course they LOVED that!





\
going...

...going...

...gone!

Thursday we went to the beach. We hadn't planned to go so the girls and I didn't have bathing suits but we made do! It was a PERFECT beach day...sunny, warm but not hot, and no crowds! The girls both LOVE the beach so they were thrilled!! You'll have to excuse the picture overload...I got so many great pictures!




dirty baby!


Emmie had a great time playing in the sand.




When we got back to the house NEITHER of the girls took naps...crazy! Ellie played for about 45min...I heard her laughing in her bed but she never went to sleep! After they got up from their "naps" we went with Gin-g and ran some errands. Gin-g was doing flower arrangements for a banquet and we went with her to pick up the flowers. The ladies were so nice and let Emmie make a little arrangment to take with her...she loved it!

Helping GG arrange flowers.

Working on her arrangement. I think the brown leaves compliment the flowers very nicely...she was very insistent on the leaves!


We also went to see lots of Summerville friends. We went and saw Debbbie Baker and some other people at the school district office. We also went and saw Becky Dingle.The girls had a great time but Ellie definitely melted down at the end of our visit with Becky Dingle...she was super worn out from no nap!

Friday morning we went over to Debbie Baker's house so the girls could play. She has a swingset for her grandsons and the girls had a great time playing on that. She also had lots of fun outdoors toys. Emmie really loved the scooter! She also left some library books on the porch and Ellie especially enjoyed reading. Mrs. Baker was at work but she was so sweet to let us come over...the girls had lots of fun!





After we played, Gin-g went and got Chick-fil-A and the girls got some really good naps which they desperately needed! Everyone was so much happier in the afternoon and we went and ran some errands with Gin-g. Emmie had Mousie with her and we realized at bedtime that he was gone. I was pretty sure Emmie had left him at the middle school and they looked this morning and he was in the library! Fortunately Emmie didn't see too upset about not having him but I know she's looking forward to having him back!
Friday evening we got the girls decked out in their Summerville gear and headed to the game. Emmie was hilarious. She put on all her jewelry and gave Ellie a necklace to wear and got her purse to take with her as she clearly knew this was a big event...I love my girly girl! We went and saw Papa on the field before the game. The girls had soooo much fun at the game. Emmie was really into watching all the people and she always cheered and clapped when everyone else did. Ellie had a blast watching the game and the people...especially the little boys in front of us. They were probably in middle school and they had video games with them and ear buds. I looked down once and Ellie was poking the little boy's ear buds...hilarious! She also kept watching the screen and pointing and "talking"...she was back seat video gaming. Fortunately the little boy was very nice and didn't mind the occasional poke from Ellie.


The girls with Papa!



I headed back on Friday after we got the girls to bed and Fred and Gin-g brought them back Sunday. I was so happy to come home from work Sunday night and love on my sweet babies (including my furbaby!)!
Funny story...Paul about gave me a heart attack early Saturday morning. Emmie usually comes into our room a few times a night and wants me to help her get back in her bed (somehow she manages to get out just fine but needs help getting back in.). I almost always here her shuffling through the house. About 5:30 Saturday morning I hear the Emmie shuffle and almost immediately panic because I definitely remember that Emmie is NOT at the house. I peek my eyes open and I can see an adult form in my bedroom doorway...EEEEK! I about had a heart attack...there was no doubt about it...SOMEONE WAS IN MY ROOM! My phone was on the bedside table beside me and there was no way I could get to it without the serial killer in my room seeing me. While I was trying to decide whether to pretend to be asleep and hope they went away or sit up and flip on light I realized "oh yeah, Paul's here". Paul had gotten up and gone in the other room...definitely scared me good!

No comments:

Post a Comment