Sunday, October 21, 2012

Boo at the Zoo

Tonight we met Keith, Christina, and Jackson at Boo at the Zoo. The kiddos had SOOOO much fun (and so did the adults)! This was also the big debut of the Little Bo Peep outfit I made Emmie. I am so pleased with how it turned out...it was definitely a labor of love! Ellie went as Little Bo Peep's sheep and said "baa" at all the appropriate times. They were super cute and fortunately Emmie never tried to hit anyone with her shephered's crook.



(Paul tied the bow on the shepherd's crook...he's such a good girl dad!)


It didn't take long for the kiddos to quickly figure out the "trick or treat" idea!



Ellie liked to get the candy in her hand and then come put it in her bag.


As you can tell it wasn't very crowded at the zoo which made it lots more fun for Ellie because she got to walk a lot. We've been there some years when you could hardly move there were so many people but we definitely hit it right this year!

The carousel. All the kiddos enjoyed riding. Emmie usually gets a little squeamish when it starts moving (it goes pretty fast) but I guess because it was so dark out and she couldn't see what was around her it didn't make her as nervous.


Christina brought glow sticks for the girls and they LOVED them.

There was a DJ and they had such a great time at the dance party!


Pure happiness!

One the way home I told Emmie she and Ellie could split a little bag of M&Ms. Emmie thought about that for a moment and then told me she thought that she should eat her bag and Ellie could eat her own. Ha! My girl doesn't miss a trick. When we got home we discovered we only had one bag of M&Ms so they split the M&Ms and split a KitKat. (By the way...M&Ms DO melt in your hand as evidenced by Ellie's green hand.)


The girls were sooo tired by the time we got them in bed...I never heard a peep out of Ellie once I laid her down and Emmie didn't last too long before she fell asleep. Usually when we go somewhere and you ask Emmie if she had fun she says no..no matter how much fun she's had but when we left tonight I got a very loud YES when I asked her if she had fun! She has been so excited about her costume since I started making it and she was so excited all day about getting to wear it and she definitelly didn't want to take it off tonight! Ellie also did great with her sheep costume. I put the hat on her when we got there and took it off when we got home and she never messed with it..I was very impressed!






No comments:

Post a Comment