Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fun Thursday

This morning Emmie had My Gym camp so after we dropped her off Ellie and I went to the zoo! Everytime Emmie has had camp Ellie and I have either run around town like crazy people trying to get errands done or we've gone home and done chores which Ellie finds quite boring. This was Emmie's last day of camp so I decided we needed to do something fun just the two of us. Ellie had so much fun at the zoo (although she did scream for a bit after we got back in the car after dropping Emmie off...she was not pleased her sister wasn't with us!). The animals were enjoying the cooler morning (it was only in the mid-80s...ha!) and were all out and about.



look at all of Ellie's curls...love them!




Big eyes!

When we picked Emmie up her friend Will was at camp too. Emmie told me that she and Will jumped on the trampoline together which brought back memories of how we met Will. When Emmie was around a year old we would go to Free Play at My Gym and there was this cute little boy (with a very nice mom) who would always let Emmie sit on the trampline while he jumped. He would come in to the gym and find Emmie and say "come on baby, let's go jump on the trampoline". He was always so sweet to Emmie and thus a beautiful friendship was born!
When we got home I put the girls down for naps and then I headed to take one too. Well, the girls had other plans for naptime. Emmie never slept and Ellie slept for about 30 minutes. Funny Ellie story. I put her in the crib and she laid right down and didn't make a peep when I left the room. After I got Emmie settled I went to close Ellie's door and miss priss was sitting up in her bed, quiet as a mouse, looking at her book!
So since nobody seemed to want to sleep I got Ellie out of bed and of course she made a beeline for Emmie's room and they quickly forgot about Mama and very happily played together until it was time for My Gym.
We went to My Gym where they were BOTH happy and good listeners (it's been awhile since we had a really good week with both girls!) and we went to Moe's for dinner. After dinner we headed home and took Franklin for a quick walk (I could tell Emmie was wearing out because she very happily rode the whole way in the stroller). After our walk it was time for baths but Emmie really wanted to play and Ellie was playing very happily so we skipped bathtime and when bedtime rolled around everyone was very willing to get in bed! It's amazing how much more I can get done in the evening when Emmie stays in her bed at bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment