Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Things

Today was full of new things in our little world. This morning the girls and I slept in (thank you Ellie...she slept until 8:15!) and then laid around and finally got up and going. We had to run a quick errand at Belk and so since we were in the area we stopped at Stride Rite to look at shoes for the fall. Both of the girls are going to need black shoes for church in a few weeks (we're very firm on the no white shoes after labor day...good southern girls at this house!) and I figure we should go ahead and get them closed toe shoes for everyday (seeing as how we're having a cold spell...it was only 80 degrees today!). Plus I wanted to peruse my options for sandals that weren't white...I'm thinking those will be a Target buy since they'll only be wearing them for a short time and Target has all their sandals on mega clearance. Anyway, I digress. I ended up getting Ellie some black church shoes (they didn't have ANY of the little white walker shoes...can you believe that?? I'm going to have to order them online, luckily they have free shipping right now!) and I got Emmie some sneakers (no cute black church shoes at the store...need to look around for some good ones). Emmie was soooo excited because she got to pick out her sneakers. I showed her the shelf of sneakers in her size and told her to pick the one she wanted. She picked up 2 different ones and I asked which one she liked the best. This is what she picked:
The silver part is really sparkly which I think is why she picked them. She also is a big fan of the color purple. I think she did a great job picking her shoes. She was so excited when I let her wear them home and she wore them all day today!

The girls were up around 2 from naps (for those children who chose to take their nap instead of playing with their dollhouse...ahem...Emmie) and we didn't really have any plans for the afternoon so we just hung around the house and the girls played. I feel like so many days we run around town all day and they don't get a chance to just play at home so I think they really enjoyed having some down time! Because they were playing happily I was able to get lots of things done around the house which was soooo nice.
The last few days Ellie has been really grumpy at meals dinner started out the same way...she wouldn't even eat her food! I had let her sit in the booster seat when we were coloring earlier in the day and she did really well so I moved Ellie to the booster seat and Emmie sat in a regular chair and they did soooo well. Ellie was so much happier being a big girl! I think tomorrow I will be packing up the highchair!

A very happy big girl!

And finally to the most exciting news of the day...when Paul got home from work tonight Ellie took some steps to him ALL BY HERSELF! For about a week she's been walking around just barely holding on to us with one hand and I've been trying to get her to walk by herself...I guess Daddy was the incentive she needed! We clapped and cheered but she seemed pretty oblivious! I did manage to get 2 steps on video but that was after she'd walked by herself a few times so she was getting pretty bored with us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment