Monday, August 27, 2012

yummy!

I've been in kind of a recipe funk lately. I can't ever seem to get my act together to plan far enough ahead of time for a yummy dinner meal and I haven't been able to find any new recipes lately that excite me. Until I opened my mailbox the other day and found my Publix "Grape" Magazine. I have found that "Grape" always has the BEST recipes. I actuallly haven't tried any until today but they always look yummy! There are quite a few that I think I'll try this fall. This issue had a lot of apple recipes and I love to cook with apples.
So today I made the Fall Harvest Salad. 
For this salad you mix together lettuce, 2 honeycrisp apples, toasted pecans (chopped, I coarsly chopped mine), feta cheese, and craisins. I added some cut up rotisserie chicken to mine so we'd have a meat in there. I also recommend being heavy handed with the pecans...they really add a great flavor to the salad! I also recommend going light on the feta cheese.
For the dressing you mix together 1/2c. poppy seed salad dressing,, 2tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette. I didn't use the salad dressing, I'm a ranch girl, but I think next time I might try it!

Next up? Perhaps the Maple-brined chicken breasts with fresh apple compote and for dessert perhaps the apple galettes and cinnamon ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment