Friday, June 1, 2012

Things I'm loving right now

  • I love that Ellie can hold her own bottle but she still is ok with letting me do it...that's one of the few times I get to really cuddle with her and I'm so glad that she wants to cuddle too.
  • Ellie is developing quite the temper. If something doesn't go quite her way she screams...I don't love this! However, along with the temper has come an increase in affection. She has started cuddling at night after her bottle and sometimes if we're just sitting in the floor playing she'll crawl over and lay her head in my lap and just let me play with her hair or rub her back...I love those moments.
  • I love listening to Emmie sing or read. It is so sweet and I love that she loves music and knows so many songs. Of course I love to hear her read because I love to read and I'm so glad she loves books.
  • Speaking of books these are 2 of my favorite children's books right now. The Tickle Monster book is about a friendly monster who tickles toes and knees, and tummys, etc. Wheels on the Bus is the song but with jungle animals (the hyenna goes hehehe, hahaha, hohoho and the lion goes roar, roar, roar, etc) and the illustrations are amazing. We checked this book out from the library a few months ago and then renewed it and eventually we had to return it but even now Emmie will still randomly sing parts of it. I just ordered these for the girls and I know they're going to be thrilled!

Tickle Monster
amazon.com
 The Wheels on the Bus



  • I really love children's books. I could spend all day in the children's section at the bookstore.
  • I have quite a few friends having babies right now and so I get asked a lot what my favorite baby items are and which ones are unnecessary. One of my favorite baby products is the Avent sterilizer. I use it all the time. I have used it for bottles, pacifiers, toothbrushes, pump parts, and so much more (just don't ever try to sterilize a rubber duck...right mom?).

  • Today while Emmie was at My Gym camp, Ellie and I went and ran errands. Ellie was soooo bored at the store without her sister there to entertain her...I love that Ellie wants her sister around! (Although she was quite please to get to play with her little house by herself when we got home...Emmie always wants to shut the door and for some reason this makes Ellie quite angry.)
  • I love seeing the similarities and differences between my girls. Emmie loves music and books and Ellie loves balls and throwing things and is always into some kind of mischief. Ellie is a dare devil and Emmie is much more cautious. As a baby Emmie was always so smiley when people would talk to her when we were out and about but Ellie just looks at them very seriously and if they're really lucky they get a smile. Emmie is soooo loud and Ellie is much quieter. Emmie falls completely apart if she's late going down for her nap and continues to fall apart all day. Ellie just goes with the flow...which is good since we can't always stay exactly on schedule!
  • When Ellie was a newborn it drove me crazy that she could nap for 45min and then be wide awake...it was a long time before she napped for more than 45min...I just wanted her to nap for a few hours like most babies! However, now her ability to powernap comes in handy...especially because she can power nap and then will still go down for her regular nap when it's time. She usually goes down for her nap around 12 but Emmie had My Gym camp until 12:30 today so Ellie power napped (and I mean POWER...she slept for about 5min) in the car and then was happy as could be until her real nap at 1 and she still took a great nap! Emmie takes after her Mommy...no power napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment