Thursday, June 7, 2012

Brown Bear

Ellie is an odd child. There are lots of things that are odd about her but language development is definitely one of those odd things. She started out normal saying da-da first like most babies but she has always REFUSED to say ma-ma. If I ask her to say ma-ma she just looks at me and grins. She said "da" (dog) early on and also says "EEEE!" (I use caps because she always says it quite loudly) for Emmie. Recently, she learned a new phrase: "Brown Bear", as in Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? She says "brown bear" over and over and over all day if she sees the book (or any book really) and won't stop untio you read "brown bear" to her. Tonight we read books with Emmie and then I put Emmie to bed and gave Ellie her bottle and I wasn't planning on reading Ellie another book but then she leaned over the edge of her chair, looked at her book basket and said "brown bear, brown bear". So I hunted it down and read it...for the millionth time today. It's so funny that she's so attatched to that book especially since she's not really into books. You pull out any other book to read and she won't sit still or listen but she will sit still for as long as you'll read brown bear to her. I think she likes the big animal pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment