Monday, June 11, 2012

Elizabeth Grace

This weekend I went up to DC for my Goddaughter's baptisim. This was the first time I had gotten to meet Elizabeth...fortunately Abby sends me lots of pictures of the little nugget :) I am so honored to be this sweet little girl's (fairy) Godmother and I had a great weekend getting to know her (and spending time with Abby and Ben)!
On Friday Abby came and picked me up from the airport after she got off work and we went and had lunch and ran some errands and then went to go pick up Elizabeth from the babysitter. She hadn't really napped all day so she was kind of grouchy but still fabulously adorable! Friday evening Abby and I went to the 8th grade dance at her school for a few minutes so she could make an appearance and I got to meet some of her coworkers. It was pretty funny to people watch during the dance!

Saturday morning I got to hang out with Elizabeth while Abby went and picked up her mom and Grandmother from the airport and Ben went to run errands. Elizabeth and I had lots of fun bonding! We looked at the flowers outside, did some tummy time, had a photo op in her little rocking chair and read some books.



While looking for a new bib for her I found her bows! I just couldn't resist putting a bow on her!

 The rest of the day Saturday we hung out and gave Elizabeth lots of attention and Ben grilled for dinner. I had lots of funny visiting with Abby's mom and grandmother. After we dropped Abby's family off at the hotel that night Abby and I went to the grocery store to get all the food for the next day and then we came back to the house and got everything set up...being Abby she was super organized!

Sunday was the big day! Elizabeth looked ADORABLE in her baptisim dress and bonnet!



Me and Adam, the Godfather.


Abby and Ben, the proud parents!

There were about 20 people (family and friends) that came to the baptisim and then came over afterwards. I knew most of the family members already but I hadn't had the opportunity to meet any of Ben and Abby's DC friends so I really enjoyed getting to meet the people I hear Abby talk about all the time! 
Pretty cookie favors.

Sunday evening Abby and I took Elizabeth to the pool for the first time. The water was a little chilly but she was ok with that as long as you didn't put too much of her in the water.





I came back home this morning. My trip was really nice and lots of fun but I really missed my girls and my sweet puppy and was so excited to see them again! (I missed Paul too of course...sadly our schedules are very conflicting and so we won't actually see each other for a few more days!) My in-laws were so sweet and came and took care of my sick husband and kids (the girls were on the mend but Paul was still feeling bad..we've all passed a cold around...Ellie started it and she had the easiset time). They also cut the grass, went grocery shopping, did laundry, cooked, etc. I REALLY appreciated all their hardwork...and to show our thanks for keeping the girls last week while I worked and then again this weekend we gave Gin-g "the cold"...we hope she feels better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment