Saturday, June 30, 2012

2 1/2 years old



Emmie is 2 1/2 (and some days....I'm a little behind)!

I can't belive that my sweet Emmie will be THREE in December. I feel like these past 6 months have FLOWN by. Things have gotten easier at our house and we stay super busy running all over the place (I'm sure when the girls are in sports and music lessons and such I'll be saying boy it sure was easy when they were little...haha). So...here's what's been going on with Emmie since she turned two!

  • I weigh about 32lb and am 36 1/2inches tall. I've barely gained any weight since my 2yr old appointment but I've definitely gotten taller. I've slimmed out so much but my tummy is still pretty round!
  • I wear a size 4t shirt, pajamas and bathing suits, 3t shorts/pants (I can wear 4t if they have a lot of elastic), 4t dresses (3t if they're smocked...those tend to run big), and a 6.5 shoe. I always have a bow in my hair too!
  • I'm potty trained! We started working on in mid January and within a day we were able to go run quick errands! I did soooo well. I wore a pullup for about a month at night but I was almost always dry in the morning so we quit the pullups and I've done great. Since I stopped wearing pullups I've only had 1 accident at night! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of how well I did potty training!
  • I sleep from about 7:30pm (let me rephrase...I get in bed at 7:30...sometimes I'm still awake after 9 reading) until about 6:30 or 7 in the morning when I get up to go to the potty. After I go to the potty in the morning I get back in bed and read until Ellie wakes up. I have "naptime" after lunch. Sometimes I'll sleep for an hour or so and sometimes I'll just lay in bed and read until Ellie wakes up (unless Clara's keeping me and then I'll sleep for hours). I still need a nap I just don't always take one but I definitely need the alone time!
  • I sleep in a toddler bed now. I've done pretty well staying in my bed. I do fall out sometimes because I won't sleep with my head on the end that has the rail.
  • I can count to 20...sort of. I tend to leave out 14 and 15 which is funny because I always skipped 4 and 5 when I was learning to count to 10.
  • I LOVE to sing. I sing from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night and sometimes I fall asleep while singing at night. I know soooo many songs and if there's a new one that I want to learn I will have Mommy sing it over and over until I've learned the words.
  • I know pretty much all my colors. I still occasionally have an issue with red and green but I'm getting better and better at those.
  • My main babysitters, Clara and Chesnee are both having babies this fall. I'm super excited!
  • Most of the time I LOVE playing with Ellie. We have a great time and Ellie thinks I'm lots of fun to play with...she plays along if I want to play doctor or "cook" her a picnic or play with the dollhouse.
  • I'm a very good helper and I love to help out around the house.
  • I am VERY independent! I like to dress myself, go to the potty by myself, brush my own teeth, fix my own water, etc.
  • Sometimes when we go on walks I get to hold Franklin's leash. Franklin is generally very calm when he knows I'm holding the leash and I do a really good job of keeping up with him and holding the leash tight.
  • I still love to read and I have a lot of my books memorized word for word.
Look how I've grown!

birth
6 months old
1year old



1 1/2 yrs old
2 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment