Monday, April 16, 2012

9 months


I am 9 months (and 2 days) old!

  • I weigh17lb 5oz (35th percentile) and am 27 1/4 in tall (34th percentile)...I'm quite porportional. My head is in the 50th percentile.
  • When she was my age Emmie weighed 18lb 13oz and was 27.5in long.
  • When my daddy was my age he weighed 16lb 13oz and was 28in long and when my mommy was 8mo old she weighed 15lb 9oz and was 27.25in long.
  • I wear size 6-9mo and 9-12mo clothing and a size 3 diaper.
  • I can scoot myself backwards and in circles but can't quite figure out the whole going forward thing!
  • I love to stand up (holding onto something of course) and I can finally keep my balance while holding onto the ottoman!
  • I'm very good at throwing things.
  • I understand most of what people say to me. For instance if you tell me not to do something I definitely understand and listen...at least while you're watching!
  • I take 2 naps a day, one at 10 and one at 2. They generally average about an hour each. I sleep from about 7:30pm until 7:30 or 8am. I like to have my little mirror in the crib with me. That baby in the mirror is awfully cute!
  • I say "mama" (but only occasionally), "dada", "la", "da" (dog), and "e". I babble A LOT!
  • I am generally very content with whatever. I'm such a happy baby!
  • This month I had bronchitis and had to use a nebulizer for a week. I was pretty good natured about the whole thing...just had a nasty cough and occasionally would act like it hurt when I coughed. I did really well with the nebulizer too.

  • One of my favorite foods right now is parsnips!
  • I've been eating lots of finger foods - bananas, tofu, avocado, sweet potato, cheerios, and one of my new favorites...cheese! Sometimes I throw them to Franklin (not the cheerios and cheese...those are all mine!) but if you remind me to eat them I do.
  • I've started drinking water out of a sippy cup and I love it!
  • I get Similac Sensitive 4 times a day (still in a bottle).

  • This month I got TWO teeth (my front bottom ones). I did remarkably well with the whole teething thing.
  • I'm still on Prevacid for the reflux and it seems to be under control.
  • I LOVE to laugh with Emmie. We often play together...she's decided I'm a real person!
  • This month I went to Summerville to visit GG and Papa and while I was there I went to the beach for the first time! It was a little chilly for my tastes but it was fun (although it would have been more fun if they'd let me eat all the sand)! We also went to the Charleston Children's Museum.


  • This month I went to visit Gran and Grandaddy in Greenville. I had lots of fun playing with them and Uncle Ben came home for a few hours to eat dinner with us! We also pulled out the baby pool....it was chilly but fun!


  • Uncle Ben and Gran came to visit us for a day while he was on spring break. We had lots of fun.

  • This month I had my first Easter and I got to hang out with the little girls (who aren't so little anymore!). I was a little overwhelmed by all the people at first but once I saw the other girls playing I got very happy.



  •  I LOVE playing in the sandbox that Gran and Grandaddy got us for Easter and I just learned how to shovel sand!

  • This month I had my first visit to the Easter bunny! Suprisingly, I thought it was great fun!

  • When I swing I like to go HIGH and when you push me high I put my hand on my head like I'm afraid my hair's going to fly away!
  • This month we had an Easter party at our house. It was lots of fun!


  • I love hanging out with the other kids in our playgroup. I'm the baby (for a few more months!) and the bigger kids are always very sweet to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment