Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Giraffe Kisses and other adventures

Today the girls and I met Lindsay and Mason at the zoo. The kids had lots of fun...this was the first time that Ellie seemed really into all the animals...she also enjoyed having a buddy to ride around the zoo with!


Funniest part of the trip...and reason for the title...Emmie and I were feeding the giraffes and Ellie and Mason were right up against the fence in the wagon when Lindsay called me over...the giraffe had put his head through the fence and stuck out his very long tongue and was LICKING Ellie's arm...Ellie was not nearly as entertained as Lindsay and I were!

The giraffe is totally creeping on Lindsay.
Emmie and I rode the carousel and that was fun...she was soooo excited but when I went to put her on one of the carousel animals she did NOT want to be up there so we sat on a bench and she quite enjoyed her ride.
While we were at the zoo we decided to head over to the botanical gardens and check out the new kid's play area. We figured we would walk...because neither one of us realized that it was about a mile straight.up.hill. Lindsay was pulling about 60-70lb of Emmie/Mason/wagon and I was pushing about 30lb of Ellie/stroller...I definitely got the better deal on that one! The play area was ok but probably not worth the effort to get to it! They did have a little playhouse that Emmie LOVED and a big chair that is great for pictures...as long as you can keep the small children ON the chair.




After we hiked back down the hill we fed the kiddos and finished seeing the animals.
We had lots of fun and you would think after 3 hours a the zoo my girls would have taken great naps but alas, Emmie didn't nap and Ellie only slept an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment