Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Greenville Recap

I took the girls up to my parent's house last Saturday and then I came back and Paul and I had a date night...we went to dinner and then went and saw the Hunger Games. The movie was good but the book was definitely better!
I worked Sunday and Monday and then headed up to Greenville after work on Monday.

While I was at work the girls had lots of fun with Gran and Grandaddy (who actually made it home some while they were awake...my dad's an accountant so he pretty much lives at work this time of year). Emmie helped Grandaddy get the garden ready for planting.

Dr. Emmie checked out everyone at the house.


Tuesday morning we just hung around the house and that afternoon Emmie and I went over to Beth's to get our haircut. Emmie is ALWAYS talking about getting her haircut and she also likes to "cut" all of our hair. She'll go get her princess apron and put it on and tell us that she's "Mrs. Beth". It's super cute.

Most of the week we just relaxed at my parent's house and enjoyed the nice weather. We played outside A LOT! My mom found a little tricycle for Emmie and she had a great time riding on it. The kids in our neighborhood are always out riding their bikes and so Emmie was so excited to have a bike! She didn't quite have the muscles to peddle on her own but she enjoyed having us push her.


My Grandmother came over 2 days to spend some time with the girls. She brought them Easter baskets and also some bubbles which Emmie LOVED!


We also filled up the pool and let Emmie play in it. We figured it was too cold for Ellie to get in but she wanted to splash and she got herself soaked splashing with Emmie so I went ahead and put her in. She played for a few minutes and then decided it was a little chilly!


Tuesday night I took Emmie to see the Easter Bunny at Chick-fil-a as a "warm up" for seeing the real bunny and Wednesday my mom and I took them to the mall to see the bunny and they were AWESOME!

Emmie and I had to take some time out of the Easter Bunny visits to give Franklin a bath!

On Friday I took Emmie to the zoo and Ellie got some "only child" time with Gran. (Funny story, Ellie ended up in the bathtub by herself one day so she sat in the front of the tub...she normally sits in the back...my mom said she was quite fascinated by the drain...she didn't know those existed!) Anyway, Emmie and I had a great time at the zoo even though it was quite chilly! On the plus side, because it was chilly there weren't many people there first thing!





They had an exhibit with a SQUIRREL in it... TRUE STORY! (apparently it is some special kind of squirrel)


Paul came up Friday afternoon and the girls were very glad to see their Daddy...they hadn't seen him for almost a week! We had a special suprise on Friday night...Uncle Bean (aka The Giant, aka Uncle Ben) came home from Clemson to join us for dinner! Emmie had so much fun playing outside with him.



Saturday Paul kept the girls and my parent's and I went to Atlanta for my cousin John's memorial service (more on that another day). The service was so nice and it truely honored John's memory.

Sunday we headed went to NC for Easter...check out the previous post for that update!

No comments:

Post a Comment