Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Adventures of Ruthie

Our Ruthie is a mess. She takes life at 190 miles an hour and her hair matches her personality. She's tough and tumble and always has bumps, bruises, and scrapes.
Tonight she added a new one...courtesy of the bathtub. She was in there with Emmie and Ellie and I was fixing dinner and chasing after JP. I heard a bump and crying. Emmie said she didn't know what had happened so I headed towards the bathroom when Emmie started screaming BLOOD! THERE'S BLOOD! She was going ballistic. Poor Ruthie had busted her chin and since she was wet (along with everything in the bathroom because, three kids in the bathtub) blood was everywhere. Emmie was in total freak out mode. Ruthie was crying because she was hurt. JP was crying because everyone else was crying and I had walked out of the room where he was. Thank goodness for Ellie! I hauled Ruthie out of the tub and from the glimpses I got of her chin thought she needed stitches. 

Paul had texted me earlier to say he was going to be late so I checked to see if our next door neighbor was home and she wasn't so I called Paul. Fortunately he was getting in his car to head home so I got Ruthie cleaned up and calmed down (thanks to Ellie who went and got her a pony to play with ad then sat and played with her), finished getting dinner ready, and got JP started eating so we were ready to walk out the door when Paul got there. 
Fortunately there is a pediatric after hours clinic so we went there and out doctor was actually the one working tonight! By the way, Ruthie saw her yesterday for an ear infection. I love our doctor but I really hope we don't have to see her tomorrow!  
Once everything was cleaned up the laceration was pretty wide but not too deep so the doctor patched it up with some steri strips and dermabond and we were good to go!

Ruthie was such a trooper. She laid still while the doctor fixed her up and had big smiles for everyone the whole time we were at the office.


We're also very glad that she only has to be out of the water for 24 hours! 

PS. I do have to brag on my husband. He walked in after a long day at work, I pointed to the dinner on the stove and told him JP needed a bath and there was blood all over the bathroom and walked out the door. (And left him with a still sobbing Emmie). I came home to bathroom rugs in the washing machine, a clean baby, big girls in bed, and he was cleaning the kitchen. 😊 He's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment