Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Mad Platter Camp


Earlier in the summer (before we went to the beach...I'm waaaaay behind!) Ellie went to Mad Platter camp. At the beginning of the summer I let both girls pick 2 camps to attend and Ellie picked Mad Platter and My Gym. I was pretty surprised that she picked Mad Platter because art isn't really her thing (although she just spent a week coloring at my mom's house so maybe her tastes are changing) but she had a lot of fun at Mad Platter last year and wanted to go back.
I think Mad Platter is a great camp. It's not too expensive, each day the kids paint a different item based on the theme of the week and my girls have LOVED using the items they painted all year long! This year Ellie's theme was Penguins and Polar Bears. This year Ellie painted a picture holder with a penguin on top, a penguin bowl, and a polar bear plate. She also sculpted and painted a fish and made a tie dye shirt which she has LOVED wearing. You can tell in the picture how proud she is of her creations!
I have to brag on my sweet Ellie Belly. Wednesday night of the week she had camp our air conditioning went out. I called Thursday morning and the repair people said they'd be out sometime before noon. Ellie's camp was about 20 minutes away from 9-10:30 but Paul and I worked it out so that either he would leave work and meet the air people or he would pick Ellie up from camp. Of course about the time we got on the interstate to take Ellie to camp the AC people called and said they were on the way to our house which was great but meant I couldn't get Ellie to camp. I was so upset that I had to tell Ellie she wouldn't be able to go to camp that day but she was SUCH a trooper. She didn't cry or whine. I promised her that we would take her another day to make up the project she was missing and she was just fine. I was so proud of her for being understanding. In the end she was able to do her project from Thursday on Friday which worked out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment