Wednesday, August 27, 2014

8 months


I am 8 months old!

  • I wear 6-9mo clothes and a size 2 diaper but once we run out of the 2s I'll be wearing a size 3.
  • I sleep from 8pm-7:30am and I will sometimes take a 30-45min nap in the morning and sometimes I'll stay awake but I always take a 2-3hr nap after lunch.
  • I breastfeed 4 times a day and eat 3 meals a day.
  • I have 3 teeth now! This month I got the top right one (and the top left one is sooo close to coming in) to go along with the two bottom ones I already had. I worked really, really hard all month to get that top tooth.
  • I can get myself from a laying position to sitting up.
  • I'm crawling now!! I am so proud of myself and I love being able to get around. I'm still slow but I'm very determined!



  • I eat pretty much all finger foods now. If offered a food on a spoon (such as yogurt, cereal, or baby food) I'll eat a few bites but am generally not very interested...I just want to grab the spoon and feed myself which tends to lead to a very large mess!
  • Some new foods this month are blueberries, cherries (which I love but they seem to flare up my eczema so we're taking a break from cherries until I'm older), cheerios, beef (I love a good hamburger!), broccoli, tilapia, and I've had a few bites of cheddar cheese and quite enjoyed it. I also started eating pear slices instead of baby food pears. I love ALL foods but peaches are still my favorite!
  • I love to pull up on things to my knees so Mommy always has to be on alert because I'm always looking for something to pull up on and generally beeline for the most dangerous thing! (The open dishwasher is a favorite and those corners are sharp...I get so mad when Mommy won't let me pull up on the corner!)
  • I get upset when someone takes whatever is in my hand away from me. (So you don't jump to conclusions, it's usually Mommy or Daddy, not my sisters, taking things from me.)

  • Mommy got out some different baby toys this month and I've had a great time playing with them and exploring. These include the singing "toolbox" and the shape sorter. My absolute favorite toy though is the popsicle mold!
  • This month Gran came and stayed with us for few days while Mommy and Daddy went out of town. I was such a good girl and didn't give her too much trouble!
  • I love to play with my sisters and they can almost always make me laugh!

  • I've been pretty grumpy this month. Between teething and my eczema flaring up really bad I haven't been feeling like myself. The eczema seems to be getting better so hopefully life will get easier.
  • This month we went to the zoo twice and that was fun although I slept through a large part of the zoo trip both times.

  • I have serious separation anxiety and am such a Mommy's girl!
  • I still suck on my middle and ring finger...mostly the ones on my left hand.

  • I love to stand up and in the last week or so have started picking up my feet while I'm standing. I still have trouble balancing while standing so Mommy still generally holds my fingers or stays right beside me if I'm holding onto the ottoman or coffee table.

  • I love to make noises and I love when people make my noises back to me. I think it's really funny to cough and then have someone else do it too. I also have learned to blow which is pretty funny.
  • I am into EVERYTHING. I'm so curious and love to explore my world!
  • I still adore the pool and am going to be sad when summer's over and we no longer go everyday.
  • My eczema has been pretty bad this past month and I've been so itchy. It seems to be getting a little better under control now so hopefully the coming month will be better than the last one. We switched to cetaphil wash and that seems to have helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment