Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Zoo with Gran and Grandaddy

Yesterday my parents came to town to go to the zoo with the girls and me. The girls have been looking forward to this trip for quite a while and they had so much fun showing Gran and Grandaddy all their favorite things at the zoo!
Grandaddy and Ellie getting ready to ride the carousel.

Ellie was super brave about feeding the birds!


Grandaddy was brave too...

...and he made a friend! For a few minutes I thought we were going to have to stay in the Lorry bird house all day...this little guy loved my dad and was quite happy to ride around on his shoulder!


Feeding the giraffes!

Ellie wasn't feeling 100% so while Gran was holding Ruthie Ellie took over the stroller. She wanted to feed the giraffes but want to get out of the stroller so we rolled her to the giraffe. It was so funny when the giraffe stuck his big old head into the stroller to get the lettuce!


Ruthie was very happy to snuggle with Gran and take a nap!

My little city girl milking the cow.



Ellie is so proud that she's now tall enough to ride the ponies! She's been waiting a long time to reach this milestone.

Riding the train.

Ruthie was pretty happy about her train ride!

Meeting a snake...ick.
After the zoo we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and Ruthie got to try some of the grilled nuggets...she's decided she LOVES chick-fil-a. Then we went home and the little girls took naps and my mom and Emmie and I went to the grocery store. After naptime I took the big girls to dance and my mom fixed us all dinner and my dad made homemade peach ice cream! We don't get home from dance until 6 so it was really nice to walk in and have dinner ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment