Thursday, March 21, 2013

What we've been up to...

This week has been a busy week and Emmie was particularly weepy this week (she's totally my pay back for me). On Monday (or maybe it was Tuesday...the days are just a big blur) she had a full fledged meltdown because her laundery basket wasn't in her closet (because I was doing her laundry). The day continued like that. Monday and Tuesday she refused to take naps but by yesterday I had her convinced that she was miserable without a nap and so she took one yesterday and today...life has been much better. In addition to weepy Emmie I have been suffering from allergy stuff...snotty and tired...blah.
So,Sunday I went and volunteered at Tot Trade (Columbia's big children's consignment event). From 9am-2pm I was running around hanging up clothes. By the time I got home I was WORN OUT. And my left hand was bruised and swollen and extremely tender from carrying loads of hangers but I walked away for my pass to be in the first group through the doors Monday. Excellent.
Monday morning was a blur of whining and meltdowns courtesy of Emmie with a grocery store trip thrown in. Monday afternoon I took the girls over to Clara's house and headed to Tot Trade. Going to Clara's house is one of their favorite things, especially Emmie. Emmie likes to play with Clara's toys...she has completely different toys than we do. Paul picked the girls up when he got off work and I spent 3.5 fun, but exhausting hours shopping. It was delightful.  Tot Trade is HUGE and it takes a long time to sort through all the stuff. My plan was not to buy many clothes...ha! I bought clothes of course, definitely more than I planned to, but a lot of the clothes I bought were really versatile and things that they needed...solid colored shirts for Emmie, shorts for everyone, pajamas, and play dresses for the summer (we have lots of dressy dresses but I think little cotton sundresses are so comfy and cool in the summer). I also bought some completely unnecessary things as well! One of my rockstar finds was a pair of white Stride Rite dress shoes for $10 in Emmie's size. These are the exact shoes I buy the girls every year...score one for Stacy! I also bought lots of puzzles and games which were on my shopping list for this year, along with some dress up outfits. I also found some Disney movies for the girls - Snow White and The Princess and the Frog. When I finally made it home the girls were THRILLED with my finds. Emmie's favorite was the My Little Pony's that I'd picked up and Ellie's favorite were the pink rain boots. Both of them LOVED one of the dress up outfits I got.
They put it on and Emmie kept saying she was a flower girl. So...Emily I hope this fits in with the wedding scheme because apparently this is what flower girls wear! Haha!

Cheese!


(It also has pink gloves with a big flower on each of them.) (Also, those are the pink boots that I got Ellie.)
Tuesday morning we went to the dentist so that I could get my permenant crown put on. I had the girls with me but contrary to the disaster eye doctor appointment of the week before this one went MUCH better. Mostly because my dentist has 4yr old twins so when he walked in and saw the girls he put Tangled on the TV. Score. Best.Dentist.Ever.
Tuesday afternoon was more meltdowns, although we did have a good hour where she was happy. Since Emmie wouldn't take a nap I finally let her get up and we played some games and worked on some of her new puzzles. The rest of the day was pretty much a wash though.
Wednesday morning started out good. We played some of our new games which the girls loved but after about an hour Emmie went into weepy mode but Wednesday afternoon Emmie was sooo much better thanks to a great nap. I was also feeling much better thanks to a great nap. We went to My Gym and usually Emmie has to play by herself in the lobby while Ellie has class but this week one of her friends from art class was there while her sister had class so Emmie and Ally had a great time playing together. After Ellie's class, Emmie had her class and Ellie and I ran errands like crazy so that we wouldn't have to do them on Thursday. We managed to get everything done except running home to start dinner so it was almost 7 before we sat down to eat but it was ok because we'd all had naps so life was good.
Today was an excellent day. We played games this morning and then had Facetime with Gran. My mom is in her week of all day chemo so we entertained her for a bit. I enjoyed getting to show her some of my consignment finds and the girls loved talking to Gran. Emmie and Ellie both took naps. I'm not sure how long Emmie slept but I went to check on her after she'd been in bed about 2 hrs and she was quietly reading...so nice (especially since she was up at 6:50 this morning...ugh). Emmie and I hung out for a few minutes and then I realized that if I got a quick shower before Ellie got up, I could get everyone ready in time to make it to most of free play at My Gym. The girls loved getting to go to Free Play! After we left, Emmie suggested we go get cupcakes and I figured since we hadn't been in awhile it was a great idea! Plus, Paul was going to have to work late so I thought it would be a nice suprise for him to come home to after a long day at work (that apparently included putting out real fires, not just the normal figurative ones!). After going to Sweet and picking out some cupcakes for after dinner (I got truffles instead of cupcakes...so good!) we swung by Publix to get salmon and then headed home to walk Franklin and fix dinner. After dinner the girls got their cupcakes. Ellie was hilarious and once Emmie saw what Ellie was doing she had to join in!




After dinner Emmie wanted to watch Snow White. I gave them quick baths since they were covered in cupcakes and then we got blankets and Mousie and Baby and piled in the papasan chair upstairs for movie night. I think we got about 2/3 of the way through and then Emmie got tired of watching which worked out well since it was about bedtime.
I got Ellie tucked into bed and Emmie tucked into Ellie's chair, which is her new favorite place to fall asleep at night. I am so glad that not only do they do well sleeping in the same room but they both really enjoy it!
So now it's back to work for a few days and hopefully next week will pick up where this one left off!

No comments:

Post a Comment