Monday, March 25, 2013

The EB and stem cells...

Today Lindsay and I took the kids to see the Easter Bunny (along with one of her friends).  It was 40 degrees outside so I dressed my girls up in their Easter dresses smocked by Gran and their sandals and bundled them in their winter coats and we headed off to see the bunny.



(Ellie cracks me up in this picture...she kind of looks like a linebacker!)

The bunny made everyone cry, the kids ran around the mall like hooligans, but in the end I think everyone had a fun (but exhausting) time.
Emmie and Ellie were first up to see the bunny. I put them up there and they were fine (althought Ellie was a little tense). Emmie told the Easter Bunny what they wanted (Emmie wants a Cinderella doll and Ellie wants Belle), I turned around to see if they were going to take a picture and realized that the lady wasn't even close to ready. And that's when it all fell apart. Ellie decided she was done and started screaming. Emmie decided that Ellie must know something she didn't know about the EB so she hopped down and hid behind me. It took quite awhile to coax them back over to sit with the EB...we had to compromise with the bunny standing behind them. (For some reason all but one of the pictures is sideways.)





Mason went next and then Tripp and neither of them were having anything to do with the bunny! I think they eventually got some decent pictures of Tripp and Lindsay had to sit with Mason but such is this age!
While we were waiting I did manage to get some pictures of Mason, Emmie, and Ellie.




Today my mom had her stem cell transplant...YAY! Everything went very well and we are so thankful for that. Please pray for her as the next few weeks are supposed to be the toughest as far as feeling bad and she has to stay far away from any germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment