Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

This joyful Eastertide,

away with care and sorrow!

My Love, the Crucified,

hath sprung to life this morrow.
Had Christ, that once was slain,

ne'er burst his three-day prison,

our faith had been in vain;

but now is Christ arisen,

arisen, arisen, arisen.


Happy Easter! Easter is by far one of my favorite holidays. There are fun activities (easter egg dying, easter egg hunts, visiting the bunny) and there is a visit on Easter from the EB but Easter has not been so commercialized that we lose sight of the real meaning of Easter. I love the opportunity to sing the beautiful and uplifting Easter hymns and I love the service that mourns the death of Christ and the suffering he went through for us and then a few days later the service that celebrates Him rising from the dead.

Easter has definitely become a bittersweet time for me. Three years ago, on Good Friday, one of my favorite little patients, DJ, passed away. Last year my cousin John passed away on March 29th, right before Easter. There is such relief from the sadness because I know that these people I love can live forever in Heaven, free of the suffering they endured on this earth, because of what Jesus endured on the cross.

There is also much happiness in this Easter season. This week my mom got her stem cell transplant. I think it's so awesome that in this week where we celebrate eternal life my mom received the gift of life on this earth.

We have a busy day planned today celebrating with family and I know we will have so much fun...I hope your Easter is wonderful as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment