Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Daddy and his girls

When we found out Emmie was a girl the first thing Paul said was "Now I have to learn to braid hair and have tea parties!" I think Paul was completely blown away by the whole having a girl thing...so much pink and bows and frilly things. (He's still not so sure about the whole fixing hair and putting bows in thing.) But I think he's adjusted pretty well and I love watching him play with our girls.
Today we were sitting at the table and Emmie went and got the Princess sash and put it on him and told him he was the Prince and then she went and put on her Princess outfit. After she got all decked out she came over to Paul and held out her hand and asked him to dance with her. SO SWEET!





While Emmie and Paul were dancing Ellie ran off to put on her Princess attire and came back out ready to dance with the Prince.

I am so blessed to be married to a man who is such a wonderful Daddy to our girls. I have loved watching him learn how to play and interact with the girls...especially now that our house is exploding princess!
I know that there will be times ahead when the girls won't even want to acknowledge that we are their (very uncool) parents and so I treasure days like today where they think their Daddy is their prince.

PS. By the way, in case you're wondering...the first thing Paul said when we found out Ellie was a girl was "oh no...now I have to pay for 2 weddings!!!". I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment