Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sisterly Love

Emmie came in while I was in the shower this morning and told me Ellie (who I thought was still asleep) was thirsty and could she get Ellie some water. I asked her if she knew where a cup was and she said yes so I told her it was fine. When I got out of the shower I went to check on Ellie sure that she would be screaming because she wanted Mommy. I walked into the kitchen and didn't hear anything and I could see Emmie in the bathroom so I figured maybe she had never even gone in Ellie's room so I went and finished getting ready for church.
While I was drying my hair Emmie came in and said "Mommy, I'm going back to sleep but first I have to give Ellie a hug and kiss. She was thirsty so I gave her some water and I need to give her a hug and kiss." And then she was off. I quickly finished drying my hair, figuring Ellie was for sure screaming by now (she always wakes up sooo grumpy...I wouldn't know where she got that from!). As I walked through the house all I could hear was Emmie reading and it was coming from Ellie's room. I peeked my head around the corner and Emmie was sitting in Ellie's crib reading Baby Baby Baby Bear What Do You See? to Ellie and Ellie had a big smile on her face and was listening to Emmie and reading her own book (little girl can multi-task like her Mama when it comes to reading!). They absolutely melted my heart. I snuck back around the corner and grabbed my video camera. Unfortunately they heard it turn on but I still got some really cute video.


(Can you tell we're still hooked on our halloween costumes?)

Lately, Emmie has gone into Ellie's room at bedtime if Ellie's crying and most of the time Ellie calms down when Emmie comes in and I never have to go in there. I have no clue what Emmie does when she goes in there but she never stays too long and I usually don't hear another peeop out of Ellie. It's kind of nice that they are so comforted by each other, especially since they'll probably end up sharing a room once Ellie's out of her crib. I also love these moments they have together when they're not snatching toys or bopping the other one on the head. Just the sweet, quiet moments that reassure this Mama, who often feels like a referee, that my girls love each other "to the moon and back".

No comments:

Post a Comment