Tuesday, June 21, 2011

35 Weeks and Furniture

I'm now 35 weeks (and 3 days) pregnant with Ellie...that means less than 5 weeks till my due date and only 2 more weeks till I'm considered full term!  I haven't blogged much about my pregnancy but overall it's been pretty good.  I didn't have very many days where I felt very sick at the beginning (most of my problems with feeling bad when I was pregnant with Emmie were related to low blood sugar so this time around I was careful to eat a snack every few hours to keep my blood sugar up).  I've definitely been more tired this time around...I was convinced that I must be anemic because I was so tired but nope...just tired from chasing around Emmie!  I think I'm about the same size as I was with Emmie...and, like Emmie, Ellie is measuring exactly right for her age.  One good thing that's different this time around is that my blood pressure is doing much better.  With Emmie they induced me at 39 weeks because of high blood pressure but it had been creeping up at each doctor's appointment.  This pregnancy my blood pressure has been pretty much the same since my 16 week appointment (with one much lower reading at my 20 week appointment!).  My blood pressure is higher than normal but not anything to worry about so that's definitely a blessing! 
I realized the other day that in 5 weeks (or less) we're going to be bringing baby Ellie home from the hospital!!!  It seems so unreal!  I recently told someone that this time around it just hits you all of a sudden at the end that you really are going to have a baby!  With the first baby you have baby showers and have to get TONS of stuff...things like strollers and swings, monitors, bottles, changing pads, bouncers...I could go on and on.  This time around we have most of the stuff we need so there's not this sudden invasion of baby paraphernalia in the house (plus even if there was you probably wouldn't be able to find it under all of Emmie's toys and books..ha!).  Also, Ellie's crib took a long time to come in so until last week we didn't have any furniture in the nursery.  Which leads me to the fun part of the post...Ellie's room pictures!  We've had some snafus with the furniture so I still don't have her 5 drawer chest but I have a box for each drawer and so all the clothes are sorted out so it will be a quick transition to the chest once it gets here...hopefully at the beginning of July.  Also, the chair they brought was the wrong fabric so they had to order a new one which will hopefully be in in about 3 weeks.  The right chair will be the same fabric as Emmie's and I'll move the ottoman from Emmie's room into Ellie's room.  Right now I've got this cream colored chair that I'm desperately trying to keep Emmie and Franklin off of so it stays clean (hence the blanket).  My fabulous mother came early on Friday and helped me finish up all Ellie's laundry, put together the crib and rearrange the furniture (a few times!), line all the dresser drawers, and finish Ellie's letters, among other projects we worked on!  I felt so much more settled once the nursery was put together and the laundry was done.  I still have some more baby supplies that I'm waiting to arrive from Babies r Us.  I also need to get a floor lamp or a little table of some sort to put beside the chair.
The view from the door.

Dresser and letters.


Valance.  I love the flounes!

Crib and chair.  The chest will go on the wall that's across from the crib.

1 comment:

  1. I love Ellie's room! Can't believe she'll be here in a few short weeks... :)

    ReplyDelete