Monday, February 21, 2011

Halfway There!

"Hey Gran!  I made this sign and I'm pretty excited about it."

"Isn't it exciting?  You're halfway through chemo!"

"Franklin!  Hey Franklin!  Come here...you have to come celebrate with me!"

"Gran, can you believe it?  Franklin was so excited that he came and sat by me!"

Today Emmie's Gran had chemo treatment #6...which means she's halfway through!!!!  We're all so thankful for how well she's done and for all the wonderful doctors and nurses that have been taking care of her...especially Cassie her fabulous chemo nurse!  (If you want to keep up with Gran's progress you can check out her Caring Bridge.)



Mondays are generally our lay around in PJs day...but since Emmie wet through her diaper this morning it was just a lay around day! First though, Emmie had to dust off her rocking chair.  She went and got this little baby top and dusted her rocking chair over and over...hilarious!

We definitely enjoyed another day of beautiful weather.  We went on a walk this morning and then again this afternoon.  It's days like this that I really, really miss having Rebekah down the street.  Last year when the weather started getting warm we would walk Emmie and Addison (and Franklin) around, and around, and around the block and talk about all the things we were experiencing as new moms.   Anyway, after our walk we played outside for a little bit and then came inside for dinner. 






Franklin also enjoyed all the time we spent outdoors.  He loves to sit in the yard and put fear into the hearts of squirrels everywhere!

Paul called and said he wasn't going to get home until close to 8 so I decided Emmie and I needed some kind of outing.  Emmie had had a bit of a hard day...I'm pretty sure she's cutting at least one tooth (she's been chewing on EVERYTHING) and then if there was something around to smash her fingers in she managed to smash her fingers in it...all afternoon...poor baby.  So anyway, the other day I was cleaning out my wallet and came across a coupon for a free yogurt from Yogen Fruz that we'd gotten when we went to see Santa.  I decided this would be the perfect Girl's Night outing for Emmie and me!  Yogen Fruz is one of those healthy frozen yogurt places and is right down the street at Sandhills.  So Emmie and I went and shared a yogurt.  She was really funny.  The yogurt is a little sour tasting until you get used to it and so she made a face with the first few bites and then decided it was yummy!  She was so cute though...she sat in the booth beside me and we ate our yogurt and chatted...it was the perfect Mother Daughter outing and I look forward to many more Mother Daughter outings in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment