Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Style Section and a big milestone!

Emmie is a HUGE hat lover...the other day she grabbed my hat and put it one...so cute!

I love this little ladybug smocked dress.

This was her Sunday dress this week...it's even cuter without the drool on it...haha.  She also had a red bow but it was in the car.

Paul found his old cell phone and gave it to her...I think this is a bit of a flashforward picture...doesn't she look like a teenager!?

These are the pants I made her...I wish I had a cute blue shirt for her to wear with them but I was never able to find one so we wear the onesie turtleneck.

So today we had a HUGE milestone...Emmie is officially a walker not a crawler!  She's been walking more and more and not needing as much encouragement to walk but she's still been mostly crawling.  Well, today when we picked her up at the nursery Hannah, who's in charge of all the nursery stuff, told me she enjoyed watching Emmie walk...I figured she meant Emmie took a few steps and that was it.  Well we got home and I put Emmie down on the ground and she took off!  She was so funny and so proud of herself.  All day she walked back and forth from the kitchen to the den and back again.  She would get to the kitchen door and turn around and walk back to the den..so cute.  She wasn't really expecting lots of praise either (not that that stopped Paul and me from cheering and clapping...haha).  She would just get this little smile on her face while she walked like she was really proud of herself and it didn't matter if anyone else saw what she was doing.  The other big accomplishment was that she did all this walking with her shoes on!  Up until today she would very rarely walk with her shoes on...babies are so funny how quickly they change!  I'm very excited about my little walker (not so excited about her other new skill...climbing on furniture)!

No comments:

Post a Comment