Monday, January 24, 2011

Christmas

Wow!  I'm waaaaay behind with this post (somewhat due to slackness somewhat due to lack of internet access). 
I worked Christmas Eve day but luckily I only had to work the frist half of the day so we got to go to the 4pm service at church.  It was my FIRST candlelight service EVER which was neat.  My favorite part by far was all the beautiful Christmas hymns we sang...I LOVE Christmas hymns.
We got up Christmas day and did Santa with Emmie and the ate some breakfast.





While we were eating my parents, Ben, and my grandmother arrived to do Christmas!  We opened presents and then enjoyed a wonderful meal with them that my mom prepared.  They left late afternoon so they could get back to Greenville before the snow started sticking to the roads. 

I was so excited to get to use my Christmas china (Lenox Holiday Platinum), my crystal (Waterford Lismore Platinum), my silver (can't remmeber what pattern but it's the same thing my mom has), and my snowflake napkin rings and my tablecloth and cloth napkins (all from Bed Bath and Beyond).

The next day we woke up to snow!  Paul's parents and Blake were supposed to come to do Christmas on their way back from NC but they called and said they didn't think they'd be able to get out of Boiling Springs.  So we played in the snow and went about the day and then they called after lunch and said they managed to get out and were on their way...yay!  So they came and we did Christmas and then had a yummy Red Bowl dinner at the house before they headed back to Summerville. 
I'm pretty sure she thought if she sat on all the presents she would get to open them all!

She loves this little piano that Paul's parents got her.
All the new Christmas presents she got couldn't make her forget her ride along toy!  She enjoyed having uncles around to push her.

No comments:

Post a Comment