Thursday, January 20, 2011

Birthday

Yes, I know, this post is super duper late but better late than never right?  By the way, I'm FINALLY back online...yay!
We had Emmie's birthday at our house on December 19th.  Afterward I told Paul that this would probably be her most elaborate birthday party and she won't even remember it!  Luckily, I had lots of help from the grandmothers.  They both brought lots of yummy food so I didn't have to make too much.  Also, our friends Abby and Ben drove down from DC for the party and they got to town on Saturday and were a HUGE help!  I was worried about Emmie being overwhelmed by all the people but it didn't seem to faze her at all.  Franklin on the other hand kept hidding behind me whenever someone new would come in...then he found his Gran's lap so he calmed down a bit.  All in all we had a great time...especially the birthday girl.
Emmie's birthday sign that I made.  I was inspired by the banner that Mac had at his party.  I was sooo pleased with how it turned out!

My Martha Stewart ladybug cupcakes.  They were supposed to have black licorice antenna but apparently no one in Columbia carries thin black licorice so our ladybugs had no antenna...but they were still cute and yummy!

The food table. (Have you figured out yet what the color scheme was?)

Emmie's birthday dress that I made her and Christa monogrammed

Emmie playing with my cousin's little boy Corey. (When I went to take the picture they were playing together but of course Emmie moved before I could take the picture.)

Addison and her parents, Rebekah and Ryan, were in town visiting Rebekah's mom so they came by the party for a bit.  It was so good to see them! (Rebekah was my walking buddy in the neighborhood and I miss all of them soooo much.)

Liv and Kristi and Kristi's cousin came to the party as well. 

Emmie and her Great-Grandmothers.  My Grandmother is on the left and Paul's Mammy is on the right.  Emmie thinks Great-Grandmother's are great!
Emmie and Liv playing with one of Emmie's new toys.

Emmie's birthday cupcake.

After I put it on her tray she kept looking at it like she wasn't sure what to do with the cupcake.
(Sorry about my butt in the picture...my internet conection is too fragile to worry about cropping...I have to get all this typed before I lose it!)

I put a bite in her mouth and...

...she thought about it...

...and decided that cupcakes were so good she should stuff the whole thing in her mouth at one time!

This was at the end and you'll notice there's not too much of a mess...that's because she didn't let many bites escape!

This wagon was one of her presents so after her party we took a walk around the block and tried it out...she loved it...especially since it had a cupholder for her water!

No comments:

Post a Comment