Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Deals and Steals

So...right before Emmie was born I started "couponing" but I wasn't very good at it and I didn't spend a ton of time working on finding the deals.  After she was born and I was sitting on my couch for a few months because it was too cold to go anywhere with a newborn I started REALLy getting into the couponing.  I've been amazed at how much I save every week and it's become a challenge to find the best deals.  Anyone who knows me knows that I'm very competitive...I like to think in this situation it's me vs. me...how high of a percentage can I save??  This was one of my best weeks yet and I just needed to brag on myself :)
At Kroger I saved 52% and got some great P&G products...I paid under $3 for each one!  (Not Pictured: a box of Honey Bunches of Oats)

Bilo was my big stop this week and I saved 40%.  I also got a lot of stuff that wasn't a "good" deal but that I needed...some produce, table salt, and cereal for Emmie.  The Meal Deal this week was great and I was very glad that we have our new freezer (a birthday present from my parents for our bdays)...there's no way all the frozen stuff would have fit in our inside freezer!


Last but not least...PUBLIX.  I have FINALLY achieved my Publix shopping goal - to have greater than 50% savings...drumroll please...this week I saved 57%!!!!  I was SUPER excited when I handed the cashier my coupons and watched my bill PLUMMET!  I was also proud of myself for making it to Publix on the first day of the sale so that I could get the penny item (4 rolls of toilet paper!).  I'm going back to Publix tomorrow to get the John Frieda shampoo...2 bottles for 99 cents each...whoohoo! (they were out of stock today but they said they'll get a new shipment tomorrow.)


No comments:

Post a Comment