Monday, May 24, 2010

Baptisim

So as I mentioned yesterday, Emmie was baptized yesterday.  We had such a wonderful day and I can't wait to tell you all about it! 
We've been going to the early service at church but we baptized her at the later service so it was quite nice to get to sleep in a bit and not be running around to get to church in time.  The early service is good for us now because Emmie is so much more pleasant in the afternoon if we go to the early service but now that she gets food and nurses at breakfast time I feel like I'm running a mad dash getting us together in time to be at church at 8:30!  So it was nice to sleep in some, plus my mom was at our house so she could help me get Emmie "together".  We got to church and put Emmie in her gown and took some pictures.  I LOVED her gown which my mom smocked so it makes it extra special!  Because we were there early we got to take some with extended family as well.  Both sets of grandparents were there, both uncles, and both great-grandmothers!  Emmie did sooo well during the baptisim.  I was sure she was going to cry but she did GREAT! 
It's funny because I was excited about having her baptized but I didn't think it would be an emotional thing.  It definitely was.  It made me really think about the responsibility we have to teach Emmie about Jesus and grow her in the Lord.  It also meant so much to me to have so many of our family members there.  It made me think of all they did for us and what wonderful Christian examples they have been for us.  Emmie's baptisim was also special because Duff James baptized her and he helped marry Paul and me and he's also our Sunday School teacher. 
After the service we went back to our house where Emmie took a nice long nap while we ate a yummy dinner (thanks mom!) and had beautiful flowers on the table (thanks Gin-g and Abby and Ben Novak who sent flowers to Emmie!) and enjoyed each others company.  Emmie got up after we finished dessert and we were able to get lots of family pictures...including the elusive picture of the 4 generations on both sides of the family!
To finish the day off Emmie, Franklin and I went over to Rebekah and Ryan's house for a spontaneous play date for the girls!  They had a great time playing with all Addison's "big girl" toys.  It hadn't even occured to me to go get Emmie toys other than her little hanging toys but she had so much fun so I made a quick
wal-mart trip today!

1 comment: