Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Some MAJOR catching up




I have been so far behind with my blogging! I fortunately have been at least taking some pictures throughout the last month and a half even though by the end of the day I was just way too tired to blog. So without further ado here's your picture overload for the day :)

Dance Theater of Columbia produced Wizard of Oz back in March and the girls were sooooo excited about going. We got lucky and they were rehearsing at the studio one Monday as we were leaving dance so I let the girls stay and watch the first act. I'm pretty sure Emmie and her friend Maggie Ann would have stayed the whole time. Emmie is just in awe of these big girls!

Waiting to see Wizard of Oz. It was soooo good!


Some of Emmie and her classmates have been "planning" a sleepover since the beginning of the school year. One of the mom's volunteered to host a daytime "sleepover" and the girls were just absolutely thrilled. They got to wear their pajamas, bring their sleeping bags, and watch a movie. They also ate cupcakes and painted their fingernails. They had the best time!


All the girls in the tent.
Ellie wanted to get in the tent and go to sleep as soon as we got there lol.
I just love these girls...Emma and Emmie! We've known Emma since we started going to My Gym when Emmie was less than a year old and Emmie was so thrilled when Emma joined her class at school a few weeks into the school year.
This is why I love where we dance! The big girls are always so, so sweet to my girls and make them feel so special. Blair's mom is Emmie and Ellie's teacher and they also go to church with us. Blair is always willing to read a book to the big girls or play peek a book with Ruthie!


Oh my goodness I LOVE these curls! Ruthie has these gorgeous spiral curls mixed with some regular curls and I just love her hair. I really hope it stays this curly!
Sweet sisters snuggling on the couch. They each have their special blanket.

The week before Easter our play group got together and had an Easter Egg hunt. We very rarely see these friends since everyone is at different schools and on different schedules but it was so fun to get together and visit and play!

Emmie and Jackson...they've grown up so much!
Warmer days mean fun treats! On one of the first warm days we went to Rita's Italian Ice. Ellie has been waiting all winter for it to be warm enough to go to the "icee store". Emmie looks so grown up in the is picture!

A few weeks ago one of my friends from work got married and Paul and I were super excited for an evening with friends! There were lots of people there that I hadn't seen in a long time and it was really fun to catch up. We danced, visited, and ate some REALLY yummy food!


The bride and groom! Claire's dress was beautiful!


The weekend after Easter the cherub choir sang at church. Emmie was so excited to sing in big church and all the kids did a great job. I was so proud of Emmie for singing!

Ruthie is such a girly girl. She asks for a bow in the mornings, brushes here hair, is always putting necklaces and rings on and LOVES a bracelet. I'm always finding her with multiple bracelets on. She has also recently discovered our play (plastic) makeup and she loves to pretend to put it on!

And finally...the girls got their dance recital costumes this past week. They are sooo excited and the costumes are super shimmery and extra poufy. They love them!


I also have some funny stories to share..
Awhile back Ruthie went through a toe fettish phase. Not going to lie...it was a little strange and creepy. One night in the bathtub Ellie had her feet near Ruthie's face so Ruthie opened up her mouth and gnawed on Ellie's toes. This happened a number of times over the course of about 3 minutes. The best part? Ellie didn't even notice!
I also had my feet up on the coffee table one night and Ruthie walked over, stuck out her tongue, and LICKED my toes. It was totally freaked out. Then she did it again. Ewwww.
Fortunately we seem to have moved past this stage.

One night I walked upstairs to find Ruthie lying on the floor, perfectly still and Emmie "painting" her belly button with an eye shadow brush. Then Emmie sat Ruthie up, put her in a headlock, and pretend to put lipstick on her. Ruthie just sat there the whole time...hilarious!
.


No comments:

Post a Comment