Wednesday, April 15, 2015

16 weeks



Here I am at 16 weeks!

I'm 16 weeks pregnant with baby #4! (Actually almost 17 but I had my 16 week appointment today.)
Overall I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm still tired and hungry. I was starting to feel better but then I overdid it on Easter and I had to take it really easy last week but this week has been much better. 
Baby is definitely growing (see picture above!) and I'm now wearing maternity clothes although they're still a little big but my regular clothes are definitely to small. 
I'm starting to feel little butterfly flutters of movement, mostly on the left side...that must be where baby likes to hang out! Baby also likes to sit and jump on my bladder. I feel like I always have to go to the bathroom and I still have to get up a few times at night. At the doctor today the baby was REALLY low...hence the having to go to the bathroom all the time...baby is hanging out on my bladder!
The girls are getting really excited and will randomly tell people that we're having a baby. It's pretty funny because they'll go days without mentioning it and then they'll announce it to a friend or neighbor or the checkout lady at Publix! Emmie is sooo ready to feel the baby kick...she asks all the time if she can yet. 
I really don't have too many food cravings. I was on an avocado kick for awhile but it's kind of gone away. Fortunately I'm not having any food aversions. I had really strong ones with Emmie and Ellie. 
I go to sleep pretty easily but I wake up a lot during the night...lots of tossing and turning. I am hot all the time so that's part of my problem at night. I had one night this week where I slept comfortable all night and I felt amazing when I woke up. (And I didn't have any weird dreams either...I seem to have lots of strange dreams when I'm pregnant and just after giving birth.)
We're not going to find out the gender but we're starting to toss around some baby names (as in my mom calls me everyday to remind me of her pick for the baby's name lol!). I'm very glad that we have many more months to come up with a name!
This whole baby thing is definitely starting to feel more real and it makes it really fun that the big girls are so excited! Only 23.5 weeks to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment