Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday

It was another busy day in the Edwards household but we were quite productive!
This morning we got up and headed out to Cottle Strawberry Farm to pick some delicious strawberries! I had planned on only picking one basket but I filled it up so quick that I went ahead and picked another one. Emmie helped me at first but then she got sidetracked with the eating. Ellie wasn't interested in picking...just eating. Strawberries are Ellie's favorite fruit and she GORGED herself today. (Paul had to change the resulting dirty diaper tonight...hahaha!) There were tons of strawberries and we filled up 2 full baskets in under 45 minutes (and by we I mean me).


When we got home we made Mother's Day presents for the grandmothers. They are almost done and they turned out soooo cute and the girls had a lot of fun making them! I can't wait to share them with you AFTER Mother's Day. (However, if you're not a grandmother in our family and you need a Mother's Day idea send me an email and I'll send you a picture and instructions stacyredwards@gmail.com .)

After cleaning up our mess and getting everyone a bath we ate lunch (which included a big bowl of fresh strawberries!) and then the girls took great naps. While they were napping I sat upstairs in our popasan chair (one of my favorite reading spots) and read a book. After some quality reading time I braved the second bonus room. I have been working on organizing it (it's kind of become a dumping spot for all the wrapping stuff and any craft or sewing project I've worked on in the last 5 years, in addition to being our "guest room") and it's a HUGE job. The nice thing however is that it's not a room we use everyday so I can work at my own pace and if I need to stop and go do something else then it's ok to sit for a few days. My vision is to use the middle section of the room as an arts and craft room for the girls and me.

When the girls finally woke up we ran to the grocery store to grab a few things and then we took Franklin on his walk.  When we got back the girls watched movies (Elmo and then Beauty and the Beast...Ellie is on a Belle kick) while I organized some more and fixed dinner (which included another big bowl of fresh strawberries).  Ellie has started wanting to sit at the table while I fix dinner. She doesn't want to color or play with her playdoh...she just sits there. I think she's worried she'll miss out on some food!


After baths tonight we facetimed with Gran. We were going to try to facetime while Grandaddy (aka Boo) was there but he was still at work.

After the girls went to bed I made some strawberry oatmeal muffins...yumm!

I saw this video on Facebook tonight and I just had to share it. In this world where we as women are so critical of ourselves I think this video is a real eye opener. I loved watching the women's reactions to their pictures at the end and seeing the differnces in the pictures.

Tomorrow is our super busy day...bible study and lunch and then My Gym for both the girls...I'm getting tired just thinking about it...off to bed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment