Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday

Today was a busy Monday (we generally try and take Mondays slow around this house). On Thursday night Franklin started limping and by the time we went to bed he was barely putting any weight on his front left leg. (I work every Friday and so if anyone in my house gets sick it's always on a Thursday after the doctor's office has closed.) I called the vet Friday to make an appointment for Monday and said a little prayer that he'd be ok through the weekend. I was terrified that something was seriously wrong with him...the nurse in me had come up with all kinds of crazy scenarios. Franklin is my first baby and I think I'm even more attatched to him since he was attacked when he was a puppy...we went through a horrific trauma together (although really I was much more traumatized than he was..lol!). When I came home from work Friday he was still limping pretty bad but then he started licking his paw that night and kept messing with it and after a few minutes of that he got up and wasn't limping nearly as bad. Let me tell you it was a HUGE relief to see him feeling better and he continued to improve throughout the weekend. He was still favoring that paw every now and then but nothing like Thursday night. I went ahead and took him in to the vet this morning just to make sure everything looked ok. The vet couldn't find anything wrong although he noticed that his leg/paw seemed a little tender so he gave us some doggy motrin to give to him for the next 3 days to reduce any inflammation that might still be there. Franklin was so traumatized by his trip to the vet that he let the girls pet him for about 5 minutes!
After the vet we dropped Franklin at home and the girls and I went to Trader Joes. We were going to stop on the way and get their haircut but we got to the hair place and apparently it's closed on Mondays so we just went on to Trader Joes. We got lots of yummy things including lobstor ravioli, some soup, whole wheat pizza crust, cookie butter, and some AMAZING blackberries that Emmie picked out.
On our way home we passed one of Cottle's strawberry stands so we stopped and got a small basket of FRESH strawberries. Ellie was over the moon excited about them!
We got home and ate lunch (we had a delicious strawberry and blackberry fruit salad as a side!) and then we all took naps...it was so nice. After naps we took little puppy on his much anticipated walk. His last walk was Thursday evening. He had been so anxious to go (he would go sit at the door to the garage and just look at me) but I didn't want to aggravate any injury he might have so I didn't want to take him until the vet looked at him. He was so happy to go and it was a lovely afternoon. After walking we came home, blew some bubbles, played in the backyard and then the girls came in and watched Beauty and the Beast while I fixed dinner and did some chores around the house.
After dinner my friend Brooke brought her little boy Andrew over (he's almost 10mo old) and we watched him while Brooke took Everett to swim lessons. The girls had the BEST time with Andrew. Poor Andrew had no clue what he had gotten himself into with my baby-crazy girly girls!

Emmie helped Andrew talk on the purple phone.

The girls both gave him lots of hugs!

(He's still not so sure about the purple phone.)

(Emmie introduced Andrew to My Little Ponies...he's not so sure about them.)

Ellie had a great time reading to Andrew.

The girls started playing dress up and they put a tiara on Andrew's head...we replaced it with a firefighter's hat which he LOVED. (While I'm ok putting pictures of my own children on the blog that will cause them trauma as teenagers I try not to do it to other people's children...hence no tiara picture;) )

Ellie all dressed up. Emmie thought the purple hair would be a nice touch.

Andrew and Emmie had a music session.

Tomorrow morning we're headed to the strawberry farm to pick some berries of our own and I'm so excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment