Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cutie Pies

I had a few photos from the past few weeks that I just LOVED and thought I'd let you enjoy them too!

Totally posing...love it!

One morning the girls went and got their blankets and sat on the stairs and Emmie read to Ellie. Emmie is reading Ellie's all time favorite book...Little Mommy. It was clearly written before the feminist movement but it is Ellie to a tee. All of us, including Emmie, have the book memorized word for word. The wonderful thing is that we can now pawn the reading off on Emmie since she has it memorized and she loves to read to Ellie! 

This picture cracks me up! I love these little girls and they make me laugh all the time (you know, except for all those times they're making me pull my hair out because they're coloring on the wall or Ellie is drawing all over herself with markers)!


I also have to share our adventure from tonight. We went for our walk after dinner and I put Ellie in the single stroller and Emmie was walking (the double stroller is sooo heavy so I try to get Emmie to walk whenever I can). A few minutes into our walk Emmie fell and BARELY scraped her hand but there was a spot of blood and she was TRAUMATIZED. So I carried her for a few houses (remember I'm also pushing Ellie in the stroller and I have Franklin on the leash) and then refused to do that anymore (we weren't even half way around the neighborhood yet). I put her down but she kept fussing so I laid the back of the seat back a little on stroller and squished her in behind Ellie (I was going to take a picture of this but got sidetracked by the upcoming events). So now I'm pushing 2 kids in a single stroller, and praying it doesn't break, and walking Franklin on the leash. We got to the last third of our walk and a cute little Lhasa Apso came trotting up to us. I know the neighbors dogs pretty well and knew for sure that he didn't belong to anyone in the surrounding houses. There was a house on the street that I thought he might belong in but I was pretty sure their dog was much smaller. I debated knocking on their door but the dog had tags on (but none with an address) so I figured that when we got home I'd call the number and see if I could find the owners. Franklin was none too happy with our new friend (he's very skittish around other dogs) so now I'm pushing Emmie and Ellie, CARRYING Franklin, and trying to keep an eye on the other dog, especially since it didn't seem super aware of the cars going by. We finally make it home and I put Franklin in the house and pick up the other dog and manage to hold on to the dog and call the number on it's tag. After being on hold for about 5 minutes while trying to hold on to the dog so I can read it's ID number and keep the girls somewhat in line I finally get in touch with someone and she was able to correct me to the dog's owner. They had just realized the dog was missing when the phone rang. Funny enough it belonged at the house where I'd almost knocked on the door...wish I had! Apparently the other time I'd taken the dog back to their house (apparently he has a habit of getting out...might be why he had 3 ID tags on!) he'd just been a puppy and was much smaller. So I loaded the girls back into the single stroller and put the dog on Franklin's leash and we went and met up with the owners. So Vincent was returned safe and sound to his people (there were 2 children who were VERY glad to see him) and the girls were invited to come pet him anytime they wanted (unlike Franklin, he loved having the girls pet him which they also loved and he was super soft). That was our adventure for the night and I am WORN OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment