Monday, March 5, 2012

What's going on?

(What's going on?/What's happening? is one of Emmie's new favorite phrase...right up there with "what's that" which is accompanied by a finger pointing to some object in the middle of lots of other objects...but I digress)
So, what's going on with us? Well we've been quite busy the last few days. Paul and I were woken up Sat morning at 5:30 by the wind. We turned on news and found out we were in the middle of a tornado warning and the news people kept saying to take cover and that there were "rotational winds" in our area. We debated for a minute, decided we'd rather be safe than sorry and got the girls out of bed and rounded up Franklin (who are we kidding...he was glued to our side as soon as we got out of bed) and we all went in the closet. Emmie sobbed the whole time and kept saying she wanted to go back to her bed. Ellie just laid on the floor and looked around. Franklin drank Paul's water (haha!) and whined whenever Paul would leave to check the news. Luckily we were only there for about 15min and even better the girls went back to sleep once they were in their beds again!! (Sadly they got up at the normal time...7:20am...very early when you were up and sitting in a closet at 5:45.)
Saturday afternoon GG, Papa, Uncle "Bake" (Blake), and "Lemily" (Emily) came and the grandparents watched the girls and Blake, Emily, Paul and I went to the Clemson Carolina baseball game. Despite the on and off raindrops we had a great time and it was fun to have an afternoon hanging out with adults!
Sunday, was a pretty normal day...we needed normal after Saturday!
Today I had an eye dr appointment and one of my friends was going to keep the girls. She called me at breakfast and said her mom had had a brain aneurysm overnight and so needless to say she wouldn't be able to keep the girls. Fortunately her mom is doing ok and we're saying lots of prayers that she continues to get better!
Thankfully, Christina was willing to let me dump 2 kids on her at the last minute and so I was still able to make my drs. appt. I called Christina on my way to her house and she happened to warn me that she'd just killed a snake on her front porch so make sure Emmie didn't touch it. EEEEKKKK! If you know me you know I'm PETRIFIED of snakes. We had a dead one last year on our walking path in the neighborhood and I made Paul go move it. I would hyperventilate whenever I walked past it. I HATE snakes! So that was our excitement for the morning. When I picked the girls up it sounded like they'd had a great time with Jackson and Christina (Emmie always enjoys hanging out with Jackson!). Christina got some cute pictures while the kiddos were playing!
busy little bees!

umm...mrs. christina...did you know there's an elmo in your house...because there is...and he's looking at me. I'm just sayin.


the exersaucer makes me soooooo excited!



Christina had cupcakes for the big kids...Emmie talked about her cupcake all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment