Friday, March 16, 2012

Thursday

Yesterday started out slow but by the end of the day I was WORN OUT but I was super productive so that made me feel good. 
Ellie slept until 8am and Emmie slept until 8:30. I, on the other hand, was awake at 7:15...the time when my girls are USUALLY awake. I couldn't believe I was awake but it was nice to be able to just laze around in bed for a bit!
After breakfast I finished unpacking the girl's things from our trip to Greenville and got them repacked to go to Summerville next week and then put Ellie down for her nap. While Ellie was napping I got everyone's food ready for our picnic at the Children's Garden.
I woke Ellie up at 11 and we headed to Stride Rite to get Emmie some white church shoes and some white sandals. I think I'm going to have to break a Southern dress code and put Emmie in her white church shoes before Easter...eeek! I know it's horrible but if you could see the state of her black shoes you would understand. They look ROUGH! I'm just glad Easter's early this year so I'm only breaking the rules for a few weeks! When Emmie got her black Sunday shoes (sometime around Labor Day) she measured as almost a 6. I figured she'd be around a 7...nope...right foot is a 6 and left is a 6.5. The way she's going she's going to be a giant with teeny tiny feet...haha!
After shoe shopping we met up with Cathy and Mikey and Lacy and Lindsey and Mason at the Children's Garden. We had a great time but it was HOT...high 80s in MARCH!!
Turtles! (and lots of pollen)

Ellie, Lucy, and Mason

I just LOVE this picture of Lindsay with Mason and Emmie.

Super Cathy! I took a turn later pulling the kids down the hill and it is HARD WORK!


After we left the Children's Garden we ran downtown to pick up my contact and glasses and then headed home for "naps". Emmie never did take a nap (or if she did it was short one) and it took me awhile but I finally got poor sweet Ellie to sleep. She's had a runny nose for about a week and it has turned into a really congested cough. I think we're right on the line of needing to go to the doctor so we'll see what it does in the next few days. She got a cough at the end of her last cold and it cleared up after a few days so I'm really hoping that's what this one does. It just sounds so pitiful and I think she's right on the verge of having some wheezing if she gets real active...really hoping it starts clearing up tomorrow!
After naps I cleaned up in the kitchen some and thinned out Ellie's closet a bit (not that you can tell at all!). Then it was time for dinner and after dinner we headed out to take Franklin for a walk. Paul was cutting the grass when we got back and Emmie was super fascinated by the whole thing so we went and got her lawn mower and she helped. She kept wanting Paul to fill up his lawn mower with her little gas can...so cute!


Paul was still cutting the grass when it was bathtime so I got the girls bathed and in bed...Emmie was kind of a handful all day but luckily she went to sleep very easily tonight...when I tucked her in and told her to go to sleep I think it was the first time all day she had listened to what I said!
After the girls got in bed I cleaned the kitchen up a bit, sterilized bottles, swept, boxed up the clothes I'd pulled out of Ellie's closet and set Paul to work picking up toys...and then I collapsed in a heap! By the way, it really undid Franklin that I didn't come sit on the couch right after I put the girls down like I normally do...he looked so lost and out of sorts!

*Funny Emmie story of the day: She was sitting on her little potty and had already peed but was reading a book. I was in the den and she came and got me and said something about her panties being wet and falling in the potty...WHAT? I knew she hadn't had an accident because I was in the bathroom when she peed. So I headed into the bathroom and her panties were on the floor SOAKING wet and there was water all over the seat of the big toilet (fortunately she hadn't dumped her little potty in the big one yet so it was just toilet water). I have NO CLUE how her panties ended up in the potty but they did...I laughed for about 5 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment