Thursday, March 8, 2012

Busy Day!

Yesterday was a busy busy day for us. Tuesday night Ellie didn't finally get settled for good until about 11:30pm after lots of up and down and finally a dose of tylenol. She woke up yesterday morning with a bit of a cold and drooling like crazy so I think some combo of cold and teething is what kept her up. She seems fine most of the day but you can really here the congestion when she lays down. So, needless to say she didn't nap very well either. Emmie was up at 6:30 in the morning and decided she would sit on the potty for 45min. and read. As soon as Ellie woke up Emmie was ready to go back to bed...grrrr. We had My Gym in the morning and Ellie took a little nap after that but it's gotten where Ellie doesn't stay asleep in the carrier long once we get out of the car. It was so nice outside that we played outside for a bit before lunch and then we had a picnic. Emmie actually took a little bit of a nap she was so tired and Ellie took a short little nap. After naps we took Franklin for his walk and then some crazy urge to wash the cars took hold of me. So Emmie, Ellie, Franklin and I washed BOTH cars! Franklin was so well behaved...he just sat beside us and kept guard. He even behaved when the school bus dropped the kids off in front of our house. Ellie sat on her blanket and supervised while playing with her toys. She was really good until the very end and then she got cranky. Emmie was my little helper. We had mainly stayed outside so that she could ride in her little car but as soon as she saw there was a big cleaning job to be done she was right beside me! She was a good little helper. When I was growing up and we washed up the "rule" was that mom always got to be the sprayer. I'm thinking before long Emmie will be trained well enough to wash the WHOLE car and mom can be the sprayer..haha! Emmie got a little carried away with washing the car and started washing herself as well...so funny...her arms were covered with soap!


I hosed off her arms afterwards and managed to get all of her soaking wet...oops! I striped her down at the door and she came in and put on her nightgown and Elmo slippers and got Mousie and "bank-bank" (her pink and green blanket)...I think I actually managed to wear a toddler out (I didn't know that was possible)! I fixed Emmie a bowl of cheerios for a snack and she was in the den beside Ellie and I was in the kitchen and when I went in the den Emmie was sharing her cheerios with Ellie and Franklin! While I fed Ellie her bottle Emmie sat in the rocking chair and watched some Elmo Street.

Needless to say both girls were very ready for bed and slept great!

No comments:

Post a Comment